PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow I'm hooked!!

mapleleaf
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
So I'm a boardsports guy, been doing a couple most of my life...
I've prolly wakeboarded 2 or 3 times a summer for ten years, I think it started with the oh so hot Skurfer.....
So today, for the first time, I'M GOING TO TRY NOT TO YELL I'M SO EXCITED, I rode 4 times behind my own boat thAT I own, with my wife driving, and dialed in little method's, FS 180's, half-cab's, silly shifty action, Indy grabs with a mellow tweak and I can't tell you how great I feel.
My wife got up fourth try, she's never ridden!
No tower yet or ballast but with the right pump I'm out in the flats and the wakes not so big, I can hit it full speed comfortably, last year behind my buddies MC, this was intimidating...
My wife's first time driving with a rider...took a bit, but she got it...How hot is your lady with her hand on the throttle, look'in in the rear view?

tg0824SSVGG
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
WOO HOOO! Awesome!

mapleleaf
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
woke up this am tink'in if the wake was taller, I'd have more time to play in the air.....
Adding weight today, steel, concrete whateva fits.....

Hematoma
06-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Maple it gets even better bro. My wife backs the trailer to launch and retrieve when we are out. The doods at the boat ramp are slack jaw and drooling. Nothing better than a hot AZZ chick stabbing the trailer first try like she owns the F'n place. We have it down to about 3 mins now. She even asked a guy once if he needed help! Bwhaaaaaaaaaaa lol

mapleleaf
06-26-2009, 08:36 AM
That's how we dropped in yesterday I drove off the trailer, she bounced in the truck, met her back at the cottage, 3-4 minutes tops......

tg0824SSVGG
06-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Funny - around here - the women back the trailers (except for me!) and the men
drive on.

Watching many (not all) of these ladies try to back is sometimes hilarious, sometimes
frustrating.

My wife is an EXPERT at putting the boat on the trailer - that is what gets
the looks around my neck of the woods - it's usually the men, screaming from
the boat that the wife didn't put the trailer in properly, as they make 6 tries to load.

My wife (99% of the time ) drives right on, the boat buddy clicks - and off we go.

Gotta love a system that works - and gets looks from all around, no matter who
does which part!

Todd

michael hunter
06-26-2009, 12:04 PM
tg
That's how it is here too. Wife has 21 years experience loading the boat. I drove a box truck for 12 years. Backing with mirrors only no problem. Takes less than 3 min on of off.
New boat a little different but not much longer.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Love to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now I would just weight the back, don't bother with the bow. If the boat struggles to get on plane, put a little something up there.

If you unscrew the rear bench seat, just the seat part, it will lift right up and hinge back over the sun deck. There is some empty space between the bench seat base and the gas tank, if you have some flat weights.

mapleleaf
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Love to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now I would just weight the back, don't bother with the bow. If the boat struggles to get on plane, put a little something up there.

If you unscrew the rear bench seat, just the seat part, it will lift right up and hinge back over the sun deck. There is some empty space between the bench seat base and the gas tank, if you have some flat weights.

Already done, patio stones fit perfect, under my bench and I HAVE OLD RAILway plates 25lb each inthe back locker....
Prolly like 300 lbs total, waiting for the north wind to die down, I'm expecting wake improvement....
Shouldn't be a problem getting on plane, I hit the throttle so hard last night wife got airborne to faceplant first time up....this thing pulls like crazy.....gonna try 4 dood's when my brother gets here......
Gonna surf mon. at 12 mph the wake looks awesome, couple more guys should make it even better, my wake plates gonna be up for a while!!!!!
Pic's coming....last night we had no spotter (ooops) so no camera man!

87SunSportMikeyD
06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Easy, go EASY on the throttle lol! :)

Might wanna put a 2 guys on two diff tow points.

Get a nice pic of the boat floatin'. And put the towels away first hah

mapleleaf
06-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Tonight's sesh was good, could've been great, but ate it good on my last run....Wakes a little bigger, hard to see in the photo's, but bigger..
Wondering if a 140 is to small for me, I'm 6'3" 190 and i'm having trouble with the nose on starts and the arch in the air, almost like a 1/4 front roll that I can't stop, gotta lean back like crazy for smooth landing, maybe I need a 144?? or a stance change, will try that tomorrow..
uploads failing......

87SunSportMikeyD
06-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd say you're probably right. See if you can demo boards from a local shop. Find a size and model you really love. Then buy it, cause it's a demo and prolly a $100 off.

Try a wider stance, but I put guys who are about 200lbs on a 140 but I don't have anyone really tall in my crew. Prolly too small.

mapleleaf
06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Wider stance helped, big time on any type of fakie to forward business and fs 180's, caballerial coming along, maybe almost w to w..... What's the dilly on backside shizzzz, I keep backing out of the 180 at the last second....

Next board will be bigger, but I'll also be better, girls like guys with skillz...

Fman
06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Funny - around here - the women back the trailers (except for me!) and the men
drive on.

Watching many (not all) of these ladies try to back is sometimes hilarious, sometimes
frustrating.

My wife is an EXPERT at putting the boat on the trailer - that is what gets
the looks around my neck of the woods - it's usually the men, screaming from
the boat that the wife didn't put the trailer in properly, as they make 6 tries to load.

My wife (99% of the time ) drives right on, the boat buddy clicks - and off we go.

Gotta love a system that works - and gets looks from all around, no matter who
does which part!

Todd

Todd,

Be careful with that boat buddy, I saw someone damage there front end of there boat when driving it on. If the trailer is not at the right depth you can slam into the lower portion of the pillar which is what this guy did. He did significant damage to his front end and gel coat. Funny thing is, I am finding out each launch ramp is at a little different angle, so putting your fenders at a certain water point wont always put your boat in the correct loading depth.

I have a boat buddy too, and I was doing the same thing as you are. Now I walk the boat on the trailer with guide ropes and hand crank the boat onto the trailer. I also noticed by hand cranking the trailer, it tightens up real nice and wont allow the boat to slide back on the trailer if you hit some rough roads. My brother in laws Mastercraft moved on his trailer and bent the boat buddy pin and wedged it, was a PIA to get it off the trailer.

Anyway, just something to keep in mind, would hate to see anyone damage there boat.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah I have also come into the trailer to 'hot' or fast and banged into the front of the trailer. Put some cracks in my rubrail and a scratch in the hull. Now I come in very slow and then feather the gas to drive all the way onto the trailer. If it doesn't drive right onto the boat buddy clip, I stop driving and crank it on.

Maple I am trying BS 180s now and they are tough. I can do them 1wake but not wake to wake consistantly (have landed a few). The trick is to wait before spinning as late as you can, bend at the waist to get the handle down low by your butt, and as you are grabbing for the handle look up at the shoreline and try to ride away edging on your toes. Try to keep the handle in tight to your body.

If you are riding straight parallel with the boat, you will tend to lose balance and then you let your front arm get pulled out straight and you'll get dumped out the front.

mapleleaf
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
totally, the darkside is a shoulder wrecka.....

saltare inverts
06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
My wife and I take turns each time on who backs and who drives the boat. We race and see who can do it smoother and better. I agree, nothing better than the girl showing up all the cocky fisherman that dont respect our sport even though we respect theirs.

mapleleaf
06-30-2009, 08:13 AM
You know that's funny, the amount of people that have asked me when I'm going fish'in is unbelievable, The look on their face when I tell them it's a ski boat is priceless....
I guess every boat is a fishing boat???? LOL

87SunSportMikeyD
06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
A tower will change that :D :D

saltare inverts
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Mikey d is correct, tower changes the whole look. To me towers make our boat look like sharks looking for our prey, smooth water.

mapleleaf
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
I see that smooth water, it's all around your boat in that picture up there!!

saltare inverts
07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I gewt a calm smiley feeling when I see that pic. Sweet memories. Wish I had that water all the time.

mapleleaf
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
ahhh memories......