PDA

View Full Version : 1st Boat

texas_outlaw
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Been looking hard at a first boat to take the family out in and have a good time. Ran across one in Houston area and will be picking it up next saturday. Its an 85 supra ts6m that is perfect in every way but needs stringers. I think I got a steal for a good running boat, trailer and clear title for $1500. I've already been looking at some posts about replacing stringers, doesn't look like a bad job but time consuming. Hopefully we will be on the water soon.

Ryan

michael hunter
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Congrats on your new boat. If the stringers are not too bad maybe you can get the summer out of her. Check the prop shaft alignment and make sure its centered in the packing box. Good luck I hope you have fun this summer.
Make sure you post some pictures of the new baby.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
For that cheap of a buy I would just have it done professionally for $3000. Do you ski or just cruise? Good luck.

mapleleaf
06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey Congrat's....I'd try and get the summer out of it.....check engine mount bolts for tightness and then follow M Hunter's advice...These boats are awesome, just got mine tuned up and you can hardly get me off the water!!!
ENJOY!!!!

texas_outlaw
06-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I can't wait. I haven't been on a pair of ski's in about 7 years but would love to do some now. I'll post up some pics when we get her and let ya'll know how she does.