PDA

View Full Version : Water through docking lights

Fman
06-27-2009, 02:23 AM
I noticed over the past few times out my carpet in the front of the boat was getting pretty wet. I had about 10 people in my boat the other day and while leaving the 5mph zone my son noticed a puddle of water pooling in the front of the boat. I thought, oh great, this cant be good. Turns out the front docking lights were submerged in water because of the weight of the passengers in front. Called the dealership today and they said they are sealed and I should not get any water around the lights. There is no water in the light fixture itself.

I tightened the lights down and applied a beed of silicone around them to help seal them. I felt the water coming through when it was happening. Has anyone else had this happen?

And does anyone have any tips for removing excess silicone, theres a few spots where I have a little excess around the light I would like to clean up.

Thanks
Fman

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-27-2009, 08:32 AM
There was another post on this last year I think it's very common. I'll see of I can find it. Everyone I know has the same problem. Sealing them is right thing to do.

Fman
06-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I ran some silicone around the inner ring today, hopefully this will stop them from leaking. I would of thought Supra would have done this at the factory, especially because these boats ride low in the water. Its not uncommon for those lights to almost be completely submerged in water with a full load of people. Guess I will find out on the next trip out if it helped stop the leak.