PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Covers

TayTay
06-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I am looking into buying some tower speaker covers and have found two places that make them. www.speakersox.com and www.screaminsacs.com. I saw a thread on wakeworld that said screaminsacs was good but I wanted to hear if anybody has heard or experianced better things about one or the other? They seem pretty comparable in price. About $60 for just a solid color and pushing $90 if you want a logo (like SUPRA) and two colors. I was thinking about making my own, I learned how to sew when I was a kid, but I have the Fusion T-series speakers and its a 6.5", 5.5" and a little tweeter all in one so there would be alot of curves, etc. Who knows though, maybe I will play with it a little and just get some cheap material then if I get it right, I can get some sunbrella or something to make them out of. Let me know what you guys think!

Montgomery
06-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I have some of those on mine I never use em but I have some. They actually seem to be very good quality covers I wish I could use them but unfortunately the covers don't fit right on my aerial speaker/light bar they kind of fit crooked and it puts the drain hole more to the side allowing water to pool up inside them. If you have single cans or if you get like the whole speaker/light bar cover I'm sure they would be just fine.

I think I'm gonna take mine and have some different holes made in them now that I think of it, not really sure why I never thought of that before hmmmm well just my .02

Oh btw when I got mine 2 seasons ago they didn't offer the whole speaker/light bar cover that they do now I might actually pick one of those up

87SunSportMikeyD
06-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Can you just leave them on all the time or do you need to take them off to hear music? Do they block much sound?

TayTay
06-28-2009, 05:30 PM
What I have heard is that the speakersox (not waterproof) you can leave but if you want the waterproof ones (screaminsacs) then you have to take them off. I guess I need to decide if I want waterproof or not. I primarily keep my boat in the garage so them getting wet isn't a huge issue to me. Just to keeping the bugs off while driving and the sun.

Montgomery
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I've left mine on before and I mean you can still hear the music but it's muffled pretty bad

Montgomery
06-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I didn't realize I forgot to specify that I have the screaminsacs

michael hunter
06-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I have Fusion tower speakers with speaker socks. Yes they work fine if you keep them on when playing the speakers. No they are not waterproof they are made of stretchy nylon like women's swim suit material. I bought them to protect from bugs. My wife made covers for the new boat.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/supraspeakercovers002.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/supraspeakercovers007.jpg

TayTay
06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Those are the same speakers that I am looking to cover. I am thinking I might go with the non-water proof ones just becasue water doesn't really get up there and it stays in the garage when its not in the water. Thanks for all the help guys!