PDA

View Full Version : 08' 22 ssv sound system problems

performanceag
06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
our supra sound system worked fine most of last summer. it blew the bigger of the two kicker amps towards the end of the season. took to the dealer for repair before winter.. now the system works ok for a while untill the amop gets hot and shuts down.. we havn't added anything to draw more power on the amp. everything is stock on this boat. Also,,,when the blower motor and the radio is on, we get a loud buzzing through the speakers.

thanks

performanceag
06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
we also tried noise filters on the amps, but nothing helps...

thanks

NAW
06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
The issue you are having is the exact same issue I have seen in a few other SC boats with the 5 channel kicker and the additional amp for tower speakers.

The cockpit speakers are wired wrong...plain and simple. I am in the middle of confirming the specifics from Kicker...but if you call them they will discuss with you how the cockpit speakers are to be wired to ensure proper ohm ratings....your 5 channel amp is getting super hot because it's working WAY harder than it needs to.

I hope the factory has addressed this issue....

jonyb
06-29-2009, 06:19 PM
If SC hires anyone soon, they need to hire someone that knows something about stereo's. They obviously don't have a clue. My boat didn't have problems, but the stereo that came in it was total junk.

sc_beerbarge
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
The issue you are having is the exact same issue I have seen in a few other SC boats with the 5 channel kicker and the additional amp for tower speakers.

The cockpit speakers are wired wrong...plain and simple. I am in the middle of confirming the specifics from Kicker...but if you call them they will discuss with you how the cockpit speakers are to be wired to ensure proper ohm ratings....your 5 channel amp is getting super hot because it's working WAY harder than it needs to.

I hope the factory has addressed this issue....

Grave dig bump. I noticed mine were cutting out last weekend.

tg0824SSVGG
04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Once I wired my tower speakers differently (in series) -- I haven't had any cutout -and can have WAYYY more volume than I need.

http://www.bcae1.com/srsparll.htm

(I did this in the cans on the tower, BTW)