PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Issue

Sluggo
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Last fall I had a feeling my perfect pass was hesitating when pulling boarders out of the water. It only happened a couple times, but this spring it is very consistent. I can compensate by giving more throttle when I feel it starting to hesitate, but I never had to do that before. If I turn perfect pass off, then I obviously loose the benefit of speed control, but I do not get the hesitation during the pull. This only happens during the first 10-15 seconds of the pull as we are getting up to speed. Once at speed, it will hold steady with no issues. Is there a way to check the system or is there a vacuum line or pieces to check?

Thanks,

Dave

05 Launch 22 SSV GG

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Mine does the same thing. I ride at 24-25 mph so the driver has to throttle up to 3000-3300 rpm slowly from the start and it catches like it's supposed to. Otherwise it catches at about 1800-2000. For what ever reason. I have changed the settings several times and called Perfect Pass to get advice, Perfect Pass told me to try to adjust the settings again. If I could not get it to work right. They would fix or replace anything. I have just gotten used to it. And when a new driver pulls me I just expect it. The second pull they have it figured out.

PP has a great customer service and if you feel it's something you can't be satisfied with, I feel sure PP would do what ever it takes to make you happy.
Give them a call and tell them what's going on.

Sluggo
06-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Foil,

Thanks for the advise. Do you have a contact number or email for Perfect Pass?

Thanks,

Dave

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Foil,

Thanks for the advise. Do you have a contact number or email for Perfect Pass?

Thanks,

Dave

Try this. http://www.perfectpass.com/

Sluggo
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks. I guess I will need to run through the servo tests given my 2005 is mechanical. I did not realize they went to GPS based systems. Has anyone upgraded their mechanical to GPS? Cost? From their website it looks like the whole system is $1200 but an upgrade is just under $700.

wolff
07-01-2009, 08:50 AM
my buddy add a gps perfect pass on his boat. It works great on lakes. We live in IL and boat on the mississippi a lot and with the water up and the current moving we have to set a speed going up the river and readjust the speed when we go down. With a stong current it is real noticable when riding. He has an option to add in the pad wheel for correcting the speed. Once the river slows down I am sure it will work great.

ronjoo
07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks. I guess I will need to run through the servo tests given my 2005 is mechanical. I did not realize they went to GPS based systems. Has anyone upgraded their mechanical to GPS? Cost? From their website it looks like the whole system is $1200 but an upgrade is just under $700.

i seen it actually it has a good appearance.