PDA

View Full Version : fun on Crystal Lake

mapleleaf
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Just a few pic's from the last week, weather's gone to the dumper....
Still working on loading the wake pic's taken ona diff. memory card.

Wife, son, sister and brother in law all having a blast at the sand bar.....

mapleleaf
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
learning how to resize, hope it worked...
first evening on a wakeboard since last June....

csuggs
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Great Pics! Looks like you had a lot of fun, good weather and the water is absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous!

DKJBama92Mariah
06-30-2009, 05:06 PM
WOW, that water sure is clear. Makes me jealous. Visibility on the Tennessee River is about 1.5 ft.

mapleleaf
06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
WOW, that water sure is clear. Makes me jealous. Visibility on the Tennessee River is about 1.5 ft.

Ha Ha we joke about it.....
It's "Crystal" Lake, I'm so lucky to be able to come uphere...
The water back home in Northern Ontario is the same as the tennesse real tea like or even murky.

The true wakeboarder's look'in at those pic's will see, I've never given my waterskiing grip on the handle...I've tried, it ain't happen'in......

jonyb
06-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Nice pics....

saltare inverts
06-30-2009, 07:36 PM
See Maple, your boat is not were you want it but yet everyone is smiling and having fun. Great pics. We need more. How did you resize them? Your boat looks like it would cut through concrete, awesome. We need your pics on a wakeskate, wakeboard, inland surfer, trick skis, air chair or slalom. Give us something. Even a tube.

mapleleaf
06-30-2009, 07:41 PM
See Maple, your boat is not were you want it but yet everyone is smiling and having fun. Great pics. We need more. How did you resize them? Your boat looks like it would cut through concrete, awesome. We need your pics on a wakeskate, wakeboard, inland surfer, trick skis, air chair or slalom. Give us something. Even a tube.

Skiing picks coming, my brother took the "sport" shots with his camera and they end being bigger file than I can upload here, so I had to edit each one smaller with one of the programs on my wife's laptop, I don't even know what it's called!
Boats highand almost dry on the hoist again, it handles the chop pretty well, but she sits low, maybe a little to low, I've found out how to bury the nose!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Guys if you want to save time and stop resizing for pixels and filesize, just start a gallery at wakeboarder.com. You can upload them straight from the original files and it will resize automatically. Also gives you medium and large versions to choose from. Then just link them over here by pasting in the image location: [ img ]PASTE[ / img] (no spaces). It's just a big time saver.

The lake looks great! I can't see anything in my river lolol! The wake looks fun, if one side of the wake is washy you need more weight on that side. Happens to me all the time too.

Thanks for posting!

mapleleaf
07-01-2009, 10:57 AM
400lb sac w/tsunami getting called to duty today, rain or shine, wake plate hella up slightly shorter rope for beginner w to w.....
of course more pics to come.......
what's with this weather????

mapleleaf
07-01-2009, 11:06 AM
the rookie driver's are still working on throttle control, this shot I'm pretty sure I'm pull'in my brother in law and I coralled everybody to center the weight....
I'm working on them, I like the wake even!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Ya wake has to be even.. Mine like to wash sometimes when I cut hard at the wake and that is no good. Gotta do something about that but not sure what lol.

That is a great picture love the sky and sunlight etc.

Is this with the 400# sac? How did that go?

Our weather has SUCKED in MN lately too. Today we are suppossed to get a break though. It's cloudy and 60 now and it is suppossed to be 80 and sunny by noon when I get off work early so cross your fingers. :)

mapleleaf
07-02-2009, 10:58 AM
oh they're crossed.....so I'll get that weather tonight some time????hehe

Okie Boarder
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Looks like fun. That water is pretty! We have a couple pretty clean lakes in OK, including the one we go to. In ours you can see down about 6-8 feet. It's a little more dark green / brown tint. But if you fill a water bottle with lake water, it's clear.

I've been messing with my wake too and finally getting it how I want. Shift weight around till you get it. It's easier if you have a few people you can move around. I got some good advice from haugy on wb.com that worked well. Weight towards the rear to make the wake as big as you want until it starts to get washy on both sides. Then shift weight to the front until the wake cleans up. Leave it like that. It has worked well and the wake now has a pretty good shape, clean and has a good lip on the top. I'm running a little more weight than I really wanted to, but I think I'm within a comfortable tolerance. Here's a couple pictures from this last weekend to give you an idea.

saltare inverts
07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Good pics Okie boarder. How old is the stud in the pic(the shorter one). Give us more pics. Start a thread please.

mapleleaf
07-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Okie, just can't figure out who that boy looks like??!!! haha
Great shots....
Crystal Lake is pretty amazing at 18-20 feet you can see the bottom clearly....

saltare inverts
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I like that sunsetting shot mapleleaf. Looks awesome. Couldnt stop riding could ya?

mapleleaf
07-02-2009, 11:02 PM
nah.. I'ma gonna need dem der spotlights.....dying for a 1am sesh, they sound great...

87SunSportMikeyD
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
"I got some good advice from haugy on wb.com that worked well. Weight towards the rear to make the wake as big as you want until it starts to get washy on both sides. Then shift weight to the front until the wake cleans up. Leave it like that."

That is good advice I will try it.

mapleleaf
07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm learn'in you can work on that wake a while......kinda like seeing it change...

ktm408
07-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Is that crystal lake in northern michigan? If so i was up there last summer with my comp the water was really rough when i was there,lots of wind off lake michigan ,cool pics.

mapleleaf
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Dooood, if you're ever back there it's a about the south shore, depending on the wind the bluff around the lake protects either the north or south shore daily, it can be super rough, you just gotta know where to go.
I'm on the south side prolly won't be back 'til Sept. but if you're up that way give a call: 231 352 4417

John

Okie Boarder
07-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Good pics Okie boarder. How old is the stud in the pic(the shorter one). Give us more pics. Start a thread please.

He's 9 1/2. I'll start a thread like the one I've got going on wb.com showing our progress for the year.

If you want to see where the year started, check out the thread on there.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=81239&start=0