PDA

View Full Version : Gelcoat Blisters

1suprassv
07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Have been trying for almost a year now to have Skier's Choice and Strickland Marine address my problem w/gelcoat blisters on bottom of hull. Boat only sits in water Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Blisters are only located where the boat sits on the bunks. Why is this such a problem for either to acknowledge? I really thought I was buying quality customer service, based on reviews, when purchasing this boat but obviously I was wrong.

I have a 97 SNOB (my first boat) that sits at the dock for 3-4 months at a time without one hint of blisters so don't wanna hear any excuses, tired of getting those and the runaround. Is anyone out there in SC land listening?

thescott
07-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I would be frustrated too if I had your problem. Whenever I see a post like this, I wonder how someone else could have such a different experience from me when it comes to getting answers from SC. I've had to deal with a few small warranty issues through my dealer, one being the repair of some stress cracks, and the process was super smooth. Greatly due to the dealer, but also because SC responded with a warranty auth right away. I've also emailed SC several times for technical advice and general questions as I complete a majority of my own maint. Reed (no longer there) would always respond super quick via email and provide whatever information I requested rather than the age old manufacturer response of "talk to your local dealer" Recently, I've sent a few emails and I've gotten a call (yes, a CALL) back from Rob Loucks (sp?) within 24 hours answering my question (believe he is the customer service manager or some such). I have never had a problem getting a response or assistance from Skier's choice. I think they have great service - you just need to approach the situation in the right way (more bees w/ honey vs...whatever). At the same time I'm not suggesting you should have to jump through unnecessary hoops...

Have you been in direct contact with Skier's Choice? If not, and you are having difficulty receiving help from your dealer, that is your next stop. Give them a call...explain the situation and see what happens. If there is a certified dealer providing sub-par service, they need to know about it.

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-02-2009, 07:00 AM
I had the same run around with SC on some issues with my boat. The response from them was talk to the dealer or Indmar. I tried the "Honey" approach that did not work either. So in the end to have my boat so I could keep using it I fixed ALL of the problems myself.

Problems to date not addressed by SC; hole in fuel tank, use of SCREWS to hold swim platform end result falling off the transom and ripping big holes in the fiberglass, fuel pump problems.

Don't get me wrong I love the boat. I've been in Nautique, MC, Malibu, Tige', Calabria and the Launch 21V is by far superior. I just would like a little Customer Service.

I must say when all this was taking place I received a message from the Knoxville Supra Dealership (7 hours away) that they would help with my issues. Thanks again to those guys. That dealership will get my business this winter when I trade.

Keith

cbondurant
08-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Have been trying for almost a year now to have Skier's Choice and Strickland Marine address my problem w/gelcoat blisters on bottom of hull. Boat only sits in water Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Blisters are only located where the boat sits on the bunks. Why is this such a problem for either to acknowledge? I really thought I was buying quality customer service, based on reviews, when purchasing this boat but obviously I was wrong.

I have a 97 SNOB (my first boat) that sits at the dock for 3-4 months at a time without one hint of blisters so don't wanna hear any excuses, tired of getting those and the runaround. Is anyone out there in SC land listening?

I have the same problem. Was this ever addressed? My boat never sits in the water over nght. I think they put it on a trailer to soon after it was made.