PDA

View Full Version : 94 Supra Pirata wake and ski boat - $11500 (Hudson, WI) - Relisted

87SunSportMikeyD
07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
94 Supra Pirata wake and ski boat - $11500 (Hudson)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-26, 6:59PM CDT

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/1241572139.html

Super nice family boat. 24 ft. with a cuddy cabin. Pro Boss 351 ford motor. Strong and quiet. seating for 10

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

wotan2525
07-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I've seen this boat on the water many, many times. Seems like it's in great shape. If anyone needs a set of local eyes to check it out, just let me know.

mapleleaf
07-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm more of an open bow guy, but that thing is cleaning look'in...

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-02-2009, 04:19 PM
The cuddy cabin on them are great for the kids, keepem out the sun a bit. Plus these older supra's throw a awesome wake for wakeboarding.

mapleleaf
07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
I thought I rememberd posting on this boat, turns out I wrote the same thing twice, cuz there's 2 thread's...haha I though I forgot to submit the first one, thought I was in the same thread....Ha Ha Ha
Wake up Johnny...

87SunSportMikeyD
07-03-2009, 11:59 AM
wotan I didn't know you were that close to me! Someday, for sure

wotan2525
07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
wotan I didn't know you were that close to me! Someday, for sure

Yep... July 18th is that big meetup on the St Croix River. I met a few of the guys this weekend... They pulled in with a pair of 2009 24SSVs. The dealer had a full wetsounds setup and the other guy had the Roswell tower speakers. The Wetsounds amps were cutting in and out... the roswell guy was also having issues.... My system worked pretty flawlessly all weekend and kept the party going. Sure, it's not a $10,000 setup... but it's the loudest one I heard this weekend.

I didn't camp this weekend but a buddy of mine said things got a little wild at about 4am on Friday night and ~15 girls dancing on his boat proved to be too many. It sank in about 3 feet of water!

mapleleaf
07-06-2009, 10:10 PM
yeah much better for women to sink it then a bunch of your buddies .....

jpeters
07-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey Guys, thanks for lookin at my boat. Here is the skinny. I bought an 89 Pirata couple years back. Loved it so much that when I saw the 94 with the pro boss motor , I just had to buy it. Economy went in the dump and I owned two Piratas. Put them both on CL hoping to sell either one. The 89 sold recently for only 6500. I think that was cheap. The boat was solid and motor was spotless. I now have the 94 and look to bring it back to new or better. Thinkin about those new decals on the 09 model. Big Supra on the side. Unfortunately this boat is not as solid as the 89. It has seen a few seasons stored outside. Floor has been patched and disguised with new carpet. Bought it from Sailors world on Minnetonka. Gary DeSantis told me that there had never been a problem or repair of the floor. Their repair guy botched this boat . Little hack repairs on everything. Nothing done right. I am going through the whole boat . I am out on the river with my kids quite a bit, flag me down if you want to look at the boat.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey JP hope you don't mind I posted your ad here, Just tryin to help. :)

It's a lovely looking boat. If it is a 94 there should be no wood in the floor or stringers. So you should be ok there and that is a big selling point for people looking for these boats. You may wish to confirm this physically on your boat. Let us know!

Is it safe to say you are keeping this Pirata? :)

wotan2525
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I might be wrong but I think in 94 they had wood floors but not stringers. Might not have been the dealership that pooched this boat. Mine had all kinds of polish on the turd when I bought it.... years and years of different owners fixing things enough to sell it and wash their hands of it.

Good luck! I've seen you out a few times, JP and think the boat looks great!

DKJBama92Mariah
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Mikey, I have always heard (only from SC though) that there is no wood in the 92+ boats but I think Wotan may be right here. I know that my 92 has all glass stringers, but my "supposedly" wood-free floor has several soft spots. I have avoided pulling the carpet to confirm because once that can of worms is open, it'll be an ugly job. I'm saving it for when I get the vinyl done either this winter or next.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
From http://www.supraboats.com/history/

1992- Developed all-fiberglass construction in several models. Introduced a limited lifetime warranty on all models.

I'm sure you would want to personally double-check that in any boat. Of course I do not have any boat but my own 87. :)