PDA

View Full Version : eldelbrock good or bad ?

gerdy
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM
im thinking about switching to a eldelbrock carb. does anyone have some feedback on these? i allready have a performer intake on the engine.

agetech
07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
My skiing buddy put one on his farm truck, the truck would die when he was hauling hay in the field. The carb could not handle the rough terrain.

saltare inverts
07-01-2009, 11:05 PM
I had one on my last boat. It was a ski nautique. Every time I would take off with ballast and several people it would cut out. Angle was too extreme. I then put on a wedge plate, solved problem. I would recomend a Holley (marine) they have a overflow tube so gas drains out of bowl in case of fire.

Salty87
07-02-2009, 08:28 AM
i switched my holley for edelbrock a few years ago. i haven't had any problems. re-used the carb spacer that was already there. everything bolted up but had to make a new fuel line from pump to carb. i think flexible fuel lines have been approved since but i'm not sure about that.

gerdy
07-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I had one on my last boat. It was a ski nautique. Every time I would take off with ballast and several people it would cut out. Angle was too extreme. I then put on a wedge plate, solved problem. I would recomend a Holley (marine) they have a overflow tube so gas drains out of bowl in case of fire.

cutting out is the problem im having now. im sure it needs to be rebuilt. it runs kinda sh**ty at idle. and will probally cost me 200+ to rebuild it. so im trying to decide wether or not to purchace a new marine eldelbrock.