PDA

View Full Version : 09 LF Custom Wakesurf Board Worth the Money?

nicksterious
07-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Anybody have or ridden the new LF Custom wakesurf board? Super light and made just like a surfboard.

The $400 bucks is a killer though.

Know if the 2008 is the same as the 2009? Those are about $130 cheaper...

wotan2525
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I've got a 2007 4'6" .... it's for sure on the high-end of boards. I think it's worth spending that kind of money for a good board. Of course, I might be a little out of hand, too.

Hyperlite Landlock 5'11"
Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6"
Phase 5 Oogle 4'10"
Walzer Custom 4'7"
LF Custom 4'6"

87SunSportMikeyD
07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
How do you like the Oogle?

I didn't get the Custom because of how easily it could potentially get damaged.

wotan2525
07-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I like the oogle.... I'm ~215lbs and can rip that board without any problem. I can also ride the Walzer (want to talk about fragile? sheesh!) but the LF is a hair too small for me to have very much fun on it.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I have a friend who is 220 and isn't having too much fun anymore on the Broadcast. I would love to get him out on an Oogle sometime. Me too although I would prefer the Prop.

Have you ever looked at TrickBoards from makers of Fresh Air Exhaust? They used to be wooden like old waterskis.

Fman
07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I am currently using the broadcast 5.6, I have been trying other boards. Just rode a 4.8 Walker Pro Comp X, super light, deep fins, more like an ocean surfboard. Gotta tell you, I am not liking the smaller boards. Maybe my wake is to small or I am not a skilled enough rider, but I cant seem to stay in the wake too long at all. The board feels very slow and does not want to carry me. The 5.6 broadcast I can throw the rope in and surf away with no problems, has a little more surface area.

My suggestion would be to make sure and find a test board(s) before you drop $400, I am probably going to pass on a new board for now until I can either get a bigger wake on my boat or become a better rider.

wotan2525
07-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I have a friend who is 220 and isn't having too much fun anymore on the Broadcast. I would love to get him out on an Oogle sometime. Me too although I would prefer the Prop.

Have you ever looked at TrickBoards from makers of Fresh Air Exhaust? They used to be wooden like old waterskis.

I haven't just because they look too much like skim boards and I need the forward motion of something with decent fins. How big of a broadcast is he riding? I feel like that board is a complete caddy compared to the oogle.... the oogle feels like a big short-board.... the broadcast feels like more of an intermediate/beginner board. I started on the smaller broadcast (can't remember the size) and struggled for a long time. In hindsight I realize it was just learning how to ride and gaining the reflexes to stay in the pocket. He'd for sure have more fun/learn faster on a bigger board if that is the issue.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Well I would say a couple quick comments - don't judge all small boards because of the way one performs. I haven't ridden that many but they are all way different. Some are much faster than others.

My Inland Surfer 4-skim (4.5') is very fast. The problem with my board is the nose digs in pretty easy. Some boards have a different nose, like the TrickBoards I was talking about - they advertise and have videos showing them diving the nose, and it rides underwater and pops back up very easily. Sounds good to me!

I found the Broadcast to be faster than the Landlock. We are also riding the Broadcast 5.6 right now. We took out the middle fin and it is a little looser.

My IS is definetly a skim-board. It has PLENTY of speed, but it is very loose because it jsut has one small fin. If you aren't careful it'll dump you quick.