PDA

View Full Version : Swim Deck Weight Limit

TayTay
07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I have a few questions. The other day we were out boating and everyone was swimming around the boat. Well at one point there were three of us guys getting up on the swim deck at one time. Im 200lbs, another guy is 200lbs and then we had a hetfy fella who is probably 300lbs. Thats about 700lbs getting on the swim deck at one time and I though to myself that that probably wasn't a good idea. Does anybody know if there is a weight limit for those things?

Also a few months back I noticed there were some spider cracks coming from the port side bracket on the transom. They look like the same spider cracks you get where the front tower legs is bolted to the boat. Should I get that checked out or is it just cracks in the Gel Coat? I have seen some posts of swim decks going right through the transom and I DONT want that to happen. I will try to get some pics up of it soon. Thanks for any input!

csuggs
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
TatTay - The Supra manual that I have does not indicate a weight limit for the platform, but I think it goes without saying that there is ultimately a "breaking point". I try not to allow more than one on the platform at a time because of the very reason you stated. Also, no jumping!

Montgomery
07-03-2009, 11:39 AM
the most that is ever on my platform at one time is me 175lbs, the woman 120lbs, and the pup 50lbs I don't think much more than that would be a good idea lol

TayTay
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to make the rule: 1 person at a time on the swim deck. I would just hate for it to go through the transome, ESPECIALLY if I was out on the water. That would be horrible! Thanks again.