PDA

View Full Version : Day of "Firsts"

csuggs
07-04-2009, 07:05 PM
This morning (4th of July) was beautiful and we knew the weather would progressively get worse so we started earlier. My first "first" of the day was launching the boat and not being able to start the motor because the battery was dead. Luckily the ramp is close to an auto parts store so I sent my oldest son after a new battery - $70 later and problem solved. The second "first" of the day was pulling two wakeboards at once. The water was beautiful and smooth, and watching my middle son and his friend do battle with wakeboard spray was a hoot! As the weather worsened in the afternoon, it became too rough for wakeboarding, not to mention the wakes from all the other boats that were out. That's where we encountered the third "first" of the day. Wanna know how to make your gas gauge go to "E" real fast? Just pull five tubes with teenagers in 'em around for an afternoon. Talk about a load!

mapleleaf
07-04-2009, 07:11 PM
5 tubes is pretty awesome, glad to hear you got some nice weather this am.....Beautiful here still now, no riding yet....evening session coming.....
Great shot can't believe the 5 tubes!!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
07-05-2009, 08:42 AM
You pulled FIVE tubes?? Bwaahgahahahaha that is awesome! Almost like you challenged tham all and totally dominated!

If you are pulling two boarders make one rope about 10 feet shorter than the other. Then the two riders can jump over each other much easier and never hit.

I haven't had my battery separator/combiner hooked up lately and I have had two batteries wired in parallel with no perko switch. It seems to be working GREAT!

saltare inverts
07-05-2009, 11:07 AM
What a great shot of five tubers. Its sounds like gas guzzling but you can get them all worn out with one pull. Then you have time to drive to Marina, fill up and go again. Awesome.

Blackntan90
07-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah! Thats great! Dont try that with a bayliner! How are the ropes hooked up? all to the tow eye at once? I can't even get two tube ropes on mine- the ropes are 5/8 inch- so we put one one each lifting ring, don't think they will pull through!

saltare inverts
07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Im guessing he used duct tape.

truckerhucker
07-06-2009, 08:52 PM
my dad used to pull around 7 tubers on our 89 sunsport then we all switched to wakeboarding ahaha

csuggs
07-07-2009, 06:21 AM
All the tubes are hooked to the pylon. No problems at all - I mean, it bends a little, but nothing pulled loose. BTW - I prefer pulling the kids on wakeboards!