PDA

View Full Version : PSS Seal

turbolicious
07-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey Guys My boat seam to take a lot of water only when running, I have a PSS type seal on my shaft, I found that the front clamp was loose.
Does anyone has a break down picture of it, how is that fist clamp doing a seal i seam to be able to move the booth back & forth. i have look on DIM but cant find where this one seal?

bryan632
07-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Chautauqua sun posted this website a few days ago and it is by far the best breakdown of the stuffing box i have seen yet. I'm replacing my seal before my next outing and the directions left no room for confusion. http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/stuffing_box&page=1

turbolicious
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks I have sean the post, i have look on this site and found a PSS instalation...Now Mine dosen't seam to have the vent, and the clamb right before it is loose and seam to have space to move...Is there a bearing or seam that let the shaft spin and allow the clap to be tighten to it?? I think i might have a pieces missing

turbolicious
07-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Ok i found a good cut in haft picture, there is a graphite pieces that the clap tigh to, i think i am missind that part, i will investigate more tonight

turbolicious
07-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I have a 1 Inch Shaft, Does any one have a clue of the stern size on my 87 comp? i would like to order a new PSS seal, My graphite bushing as like a 1/4 inch slack in it@ it took water al right! :)