PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Supra Conbrio help

KSRace12
07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
hi i am new to the supra world. i am looking at a 1989 supra conbrio seller says floor and everything is in good shape hasnt been used much. i have a 1987 galaxy admiral i/o boat right now and the wake is terrible, i would like to get an older boat for around 5k, this conbrio is around that price, but i have heard they do not make the best wake. any advice, should i pass this up and wait for a different style. will be used for wakeboarding and surfing.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-09-2009, 03:27 PM
The Conbrio is a great boat,but like you heard doe'snt puit off a good wake at all for wakeboarding or surfin. This boat was made for skiing. You can add some sacks to it or bags and make a decent wake. My personal opion is find yourself a Sunsport, a Rider, or a Beast. ones with a deeper hull that will throw a great wake....Hope that helped ya out

KSRace12
07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
the owner says the boat has a wake plate, do all conbrio's have this and still have wake issues?

thanks for the reply i am interested in this boat because its in my price range and close to me. i cant find any saltares or sunsports close for my price.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Yea all the supras came with wake plates. Sounds like this will be the boat you buy, you can make it produce a nice wake just wont be huge. Friend of mine has a 1989 American Skier, and we can make it have a decent wake with a few sacks.....

You can always upgrade your wake plate to a adjustable one, and right away you can add Bladders to add wait. Put one up front 1 on each side and one in the storage area in the back. Or you choice where. My Opion one large in the rear 750lb or larger and one 500lb in the front and your good too go.. Hope this helps

mapleleaf
07-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I have a '90 Conbrio and have had succuss prodrucing an ok sized wake.....If you're a pro you'd find it a little small, haven't ried surfing yet, but plan too.
I use a 400 lb sac in front of the rear bench and a couple people back there and the wake is good enough for me..has made me a more confident rider as wake to wake jumps are not as huge..
My buddies '09 Mastercraft throws you so far in the air you don't know where you'll land!
The one thing to watch for is how you drive back through your own wake, it will come over the bow....quite easily....
I'd also be willing to bet that there is rotten wood somewhere in the floor or stringer's it just depends on where and how much....most of the pre '92 Supra's have some rot somewhere.....
The Sunsport would be much more wakeboard friendly, but I do love my Conbrio and when it goes will miss it!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
07-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Unfortunatly a wake plate doesn't make the wake bigger. It actually makes it smaller and is designed for skiing. It does help in rough water and it can help you fine-tune your wake shape once weighted.

If you are really into wakeboarding/surfing and are worried that it might not be a big enough wake for you - you are probably right and you need to hold out for the SunSport. Where are you located???

KSRace12
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
yeah that is what i will probably do. i will probably wait for something different. i dont want to buy something and then wish i had gotten something different right away. i am in ohio looking for a decent wakeboarding boat for 5-6k.