PDA

View Full Version : Interior advise

Oilguy
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I am doing a complete rebuild on a 85 Supra Sunsport and I am at the point of building a new interior... I just need to know how to attach the seat backs to the boat without putting hole through the vinyl. It did not have an interior when I got the boat so I didn't get to see how they did it originally >> Not that I am doing anything original on this boat anyway... I know I can get the little buttons but I don't like the way it looks and I can't figure out how to attach these backs unless I attach them while the cap is off.

Any Ideas are welcome... Thanks!

OG

saltare inverts
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
They make bolts that attach threw the plywood and you put a nut on the back of them once they poke through the fiberglass. Basically bolting the cushion down from behind fiberglass but before hull. Must find access to get arm and wrench in there. Usually speaker cutout. They carry SS ones at Lowes.

Oilguy
07-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks SI
That is pretty much the conclusion that I have come to also.
Bow/Playpen is going to be tough! Looks like new speakers up there also!

saltare inverts
07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Yea it wasnt easy. My arms got many fiberglass splinters, wear long sleaves. It only takes two bolts to hold. They came with two from factory, so thats not so bad. I am meaning two bolts per pad.