PDA

View Full Version : sitting water in front ballast tank

SupraSooner
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I have a 2006 Launch 24SSV and I can never seem to get the standing water out of the middle ballast compartment. Any ideas?

I have tried letting the boat/trailer sit on an incline and when I check the middle ballast compartment, all of the water has run out of the drain hole, however, it is not coming out the back of the boat at the drain plug, it is simply going somewhere else in the boat. When I bring the boat back to a level surface, all of the water runs back into the middle ballast compartment. When the boat sits all week, it is smelling mildewy and gross.

Any suggestions would be great.....

SZEH
07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm curious to hear if there's a solution to this. I have a 06 21V with same issue. Always water in the front ballast area. I've just learned to live with it so far, but hate the fact that water is always sitting there.

jonyb
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Park it on an incline and try to blow some air through there with an air compressor. The drain may be clogged up. I constantly get water in mine and when I get home I dry it out real good and put fans in to move the air around.

Fman
07-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Make sure the sac is completely flat when you install it. I occassionaly will pull mine out and drain it manually, most of the time I can get 90% of the water out. I notice if the bag is not put back in properly it will not drain correctly.

Alkinsan
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I have 2004 Launch LTS Gravity and i have the same problem... I just pull my sacs out when the boat is out of the water and drain and then use a wet vac to suck up the water that is left in the front of the boat... Somewhat of a pain but overall very minimal considering to boat is reliable and perfoms well...

Cheers...

Alks

SupraSooner
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
So, I am a little confused. Where does the water go in the middle ballast compartment (not the ballast bag itself, I know where that drains out), when it drains through the drain hole located in the rear of the compartment? It seems logically, that it would drain out into the engine compartment, and ultimately drain out of the drain plug in the rear of the boat?

However, this does not happen.