PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Lineup?

cptsupra
07-17-2009, 02:54 AM
I think I remember Skiers Choice holding on to their upcoming year's features, color schemes and prices a little longer than some of the competition. Does anyone know when the 2010s will be hitting the website?

tg0824SSVGG
07-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Not heard anything - and the person that normally would have let us
know has been laid off at Skiers Choice ... hopefully she will be back
soon!

NAW
07-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm not real sure when the information will be hitting the website. The regional dealer meetings are just now taking place and there are still some deals on 2009's out there, so it will probably be a bit yet (just a guess).

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about the 2010 model year?

jonyb
07-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm sure the "Supra" forum is the "last" place you'll find information about these boats. Maybe the Moomba forum people would know.

cptsupra
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
NAW,

I am definitely going to get the 22SSV when they start making them. I like the changing out of the kenwood stuff finally and the drivers lcd console.

I am deployed to Iraq right now, and basically just looking forward to see any changes in the hull and/or the color schemes. Just something to do with my down time and give me something to look forward to.

Thanks.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Call Skiers Choice, they will answer the phone right away and you can ask someone in person and get an immediate answer.

jonyb
07-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Best joke ever!

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Call Skiers Choice, they will answer the phone right away and you can ask someone in person and get an immediate answer.

Oh Yes!!! Of Course!!! LMAO!!!!

saltare inverts
07-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Atleast they let us talk trash on them. I bet other sites wont.

jonyb
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I'd rather have support from the manufacturer. Not having thier presence here shows how much they "really" care.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Jony and Foil I'm sorry but your replies really pissed me off. I picked up the phone and called Skiers Choice. Anthony picked up in Customer Service on the first ring just like he ALWAYS does when I have called for the last two years.

He informed me that they are beginning production on 2010 models next week. He said consumer previews should be available in the beginning of August.

Next I asked about the Supra forums and if the company will have a contact person we can go to. He said Matt Brown or [email protected] will be taking over for Nataly for now and said he is available for any need on these forums. Please email him if you need to get his attention as they don't browse message boards, they build boats!

Finally I brought up the topic of unhappy customers posting their dealer/mfg issues and how to get help for them. The first thing he said was 'who is the dealer??'. I said I would gladly send a couple of links to peoples posts. He said for me and ANYONE who has issues to either email [email protected] or call and directly ask for the customer service manager.

Please man up and call them instead of attacking them where they do not get to respond.

thescott
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
^^^^ Great post.

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks Mikey I'll give him a shout!!! And see how it goes. Even though I have called before. With no help being the result. YAWN!!!!!!!

jonyb
07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Even though I have called before. With no help being the result.

X2.

I'm sure my comment didn't make you as mad as I've been with a $65,000 boat.... I just finished my "replace the self-tapping screw with nuts/bolts upgrade by the way. If they're gonna have a website, then they need to be on it. Not the boat builders, the customer service reps. If they care ANYTHING about customer service, they'll cover all angles, but they don't. Sure, they build boats... But they also have administrative people to take care of stuff like this.

Wet Sounds builds amps and speakers, but they still take the time to browse all the boards and answer customer complaints or other questions, and that's not even on thier own board.

Fman
07-22-2009, 10:31 PM
JonyB,

If your that unhappy with your boat why dont you just sell it? Sounds like you are hot having a good time with it, which is what its all about. If it makes you feel any better I have friends with MC's and Malibus and they ALL have issues at times. Infact, Supra uses the exact same running gear as Mastercraft. I have delt with Skiers Choice earlier this year because a dealer programmed my ECU with the wrong software and my PP would not work. Obviously they did not create this problem, however; they were responsive and took care of the problem in a timely manner, cant really say anything bad about them.
Matt Brown has been awesome in answering any questions I have about the boat.

Just a bummer you have that sweet boat and nothing but bad things to say about it.

jonyb
07-22-2009, 10:57 PM
It has been for sale..... I'm just more bummed out about the poor customer service I've had over the last few years, starting with the dealer. Some of it's my fault as well for not following up, but what's burning me up lately is all the small things that constantly break or screw up while I'm out on the boat. Things that could've been built better instead of cutting corners.

Fman
07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I have been using my boat with 3-8 kids in the boat this year and it has been holding up well. Have had a couple items come up, some loose screws every now and then but other than that seems like Supra has built a nice boat.

Obviously the ballast fill system was my biggest gripe and I am going to finish the re-do tomorrow evening, should be done in a couple hours.

Sorry you have had poor customer service, my dealer in the area has treated me real good, no complaints. SC has also never given me any problems, hopefully I am with many others that have had this experience.

michael hunter
07-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Jony
I thought you were dealing with a new dealer and things were going better? You keep saying you feel the quality is not up to the 65k price. I read all the top forums and a lot of your complaints are the same as much higher priced boats. I have owned many different boats over the years and they all have one thing in common. Everything needs to be tightened changed or modified on a regular schedule. Your engine problems are with Indmar and Mikey just showed how to get Customer Service. I dont want the Company screening, editing or deleting posts on this forum. This forum is here to comment about Supra boats.We congratulate the good and help overcome the bad. With all the whining you do about your boat you dont make it very attractive to a buyer. Change your attitude Call Customer service and treat them with respect I know they will help you. You own a Supra even with the problems you have had you are much better off than owners of other brands. Smile, fix it and go out and enjoy your boat life is too short to be unhappy all the time.

jonyb
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
That's the thing Michael, everytime I go out, something breaks, or I have some kind of issue I have to work on. Most of them aren't even worth a phone call, but it's something that takes time out of my already busy day. I work or have obligations for 18 hours of each day. When I have to fix something that could've been better from teh start, it just ruins my day. Sure, this stuff means nothing to you but me whining. If you had to deal with it for the last 3 years, then you'd feel the same way.

What will make me happy and quit whining? I don't know... Maybe if Skier's Choice actually paid attention, and mods didn't ban me from the Moomba forum for my opinion, things would be different. When someone asks about the quality of a Skier's Choice boat, I'm gonna answer the question, and it won't be the answer that anyone likes because everybody here thinks that these are the best boats ever built. I've had at least 12 boats in my shop in the last 3 months, and I can tell you which ones are built the best. On a list, the SC boats are at the bottom of the list. I crawl around in everyone of those boats, and even in compartments that most people wouldn't dare to, but i do that because I want my install to be the best that money can buy. You won't see my customers on a forum whining about poor customer service, or "why did he do it that way? You'll see praise. I'm in the customer service business, and I back everything I sell. My installs come with a lifetime warranty. I feel confident enough in my service to offer that.

You say you don't want the company here? I think they need to be here. To take suggestions on how to be better, to support their product, and to make their customers return when it's time to buy another one. How hard is that?

My complaints are the same as teh much higher priced boats? Not really. And example is the 2 ballast locker doors. They were stuck on with self-tapping screws. Other manufacturer's use nuts/bolts, which is what I had to upgrade to. Now the gas shock mount on the panel is stripped out and flexing, so once again, the panel doesn't close right. Self-tapping screws on moving panels like these last about a year. Cutting corners and saving a dollar. The right side panel with the throttle is another one that's screwed, and has been since the 3rd month I had it. All the screws on the bottom have worked their way out, and the holes are destroyed. The screw heads have also pulled through the panel. There's something else I've been aiming to fix, but it's gonna take a lot of time to make that right. How about cupholders with a 1/4" hole in the bottom, over the top of the amps for the stereo? That's genious. The cupholders aren't cover by the boat cover, and they're on a flat surface in front of the windshield, so when it rains, the water went straight into the cupholder, and right down the front of the amps, until I put a tube on it for a drain, and tied it into the dryer vent from the air intake right next to it. These are all just SOME of the issues I've had. Sure, they don't sound like anything, but when I have to work on something stupid like that after every trip to teh lake, it gets annoying.

I had problems with the trailer as well, as some of you already know. All I had to do was talk to Boatmate, and the work got done. Not only done, but above and beyond. They did everything they could to make me happy.... My next boat will be on a Boatmate trailer.....

If this post is deleted, or I'm banned, then that just shows how much of a stand-up company SC is, or how the SC followers try to protect their name, and they don't even work for the company.

blaze5012
07-30-2009, 12:01 AM
JonyB, I have the same boat as you just the 2006 model. I have had all of the same problems that you have just posted about. There are really starting to annoy me, but im starting to wonder if you get what you pay for with this boat, as it is priced much lower than a comparable malibu, MC, and nautique. I dont know how it is for any other guys, but my dealer is also terrible, they mess so many things up, just bad luck I guess.
________
MT1 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_MT1)

jonyb
07-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Hate to hear you're having those issues, but I'm glad to see someone else know's what I'm talking about, or will at least admit that they do.

If I had a good dealer from the start, I'd probably be a lot happier, and would even overlook a lot of my issues with the boat. I don't mind working on things when I have time, it's just that I don't have time....

michael hunter
07-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Jony
I am a moderator and I have NO intention of banning you or removing your posts. The fact you are airing your problems is what this forum is all about. As stated others are having the same issues. Your suggestions on the repairs will help them. I must confess I an not familiar with the 06 model so I cant help much. It could be me. I hate having others mess with my boats and cars. I would rather do it myself and improve the design. The only thing that's worse than a bonehead design is having a bonehead try to fix it. It sounds like you are a perfectionist and it drives you crazy that others are not. The same pride you take in your work is the thing that disappoints you in SC. Keep the faith and know its done right after you fix it. Keep posting we will try to help anyway we can.

jonyb
07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks Michael. My statement about being banned is because Ed G banned me from the Moomba forums with this reason:

"Reason, I just don't want your anti Skiers Choice attitude and occasional use of "improper adjectives" on that forum.

It was the post where you said that you know that people want you to stop bitching, but you did not care, that decided it for me."

Ed G
07-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Yep. I'll verify that's a copy and paste of my PM response to john.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I get sick of the bihcting too but I would defend to the death his right to say it

An email should be sent by the mods to the contacts I found above to help the poster, instead of banning him.

mapleleaf
07-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Kinda find my jaw dropped reading this....The complaints aren;t great, but from who's point of view? The customer lucky to have a forum to express his thoughts in, should definitely be able to air them....good or bad. I'd still like them to be all good, but this is the real world, where my beat up 20 yr old Conbrio wakes me up in the morning and excites me....you guys want the laundry list on it????
I too am in customer service and offer an absolute waranty against all my labour...problem is I don't always manufacture the parts or get to decide which ones are used....

michael hunter
07-30-2009, 11:42 PM
As long as its Supra a related discussion its its all good with me . Is SC perfect? [I dont think so] But they build a very good product there is no reason to hide problems or let a brother stand alone with a problem.
This forum is a place for answers ,advice and sometimes to vent. One of the best parts about owning a Supra is this forum and the friends I have made here.

cptsupra
07-31-2009, 07:35 AM
I am about to purchase my 3rd SC product in 4 years. I love their quality, the ergonomics and styling that you just don't see even with the more outrageously priced boats. I have followed the boards of the other manufacturers and have noticed that when someone comes out with their numerous quality complaints, they are quickly deleted from the public area. So all in all I do believe that the SC choice, and it is a choice, to let all matters be aired publicly on their forum to be a real standup approach. Although recently, I have noticed a little less interaction from the SC people actually talking and publicly resolving issues. That being said...

I will say that when I have an issue or question I make a new post. I don't hijack other posts and turn every discussion into a woe is me post. I do feel for people who have been taken adavantage of by a sub-par dealer. I have had several issues from electrical to interior faults, to fuel flow issues and every single one of them was repaired by my dealer on Lake Murray, SC in the matter of days. In fact the fuel flow issue was resolved within hours by a house call from the dealer.

Just a little technique to use when buying a boat. A dealer that refers to their manufacturer's name in the third person, will still refer to the manufacturer in the third person after you buy a boat and have problems. A dealer that refers to "our" product will act in kind.

jonyb
07-31-2009, 09:22 AM
So all in all I do believe that the SC choice, and it is a choice, to let all matters be aired publicly on their forum to be a real standup approach. Although recently, I have noticed a little less interaction from the SC people actually talking and publicly resolving issues. That being said...

The point that I've been trying to make here is the absence of SC. You say they "let all matters be aired publicly on their forum". That's not what is going on here... They are NOT on this forum. They don't care about this forum. Someone else in this thread said "they build boats, and don't come on here". Read back through this thread. If SC was here, I'm sure they'd chime in, but they're not on here, therefore whatever's posted that's negative about their company just goes unnoticed.

tg0824SSVGG
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
John,

I am also a moderator, as you know, and will not ban you for airing your concerns.
(but if your language turns FOUL, that would be different).

Unfortunately, when they let Natalie go - she was the last of the people from SC
that I know of that was looking here.

I don't disagree that they ought to be here - but they've cut staff to the point of
bare-bones and so no one has the band-width to be here. I am not making excuses,
just explaining what I am aware of.

Last year at about this time, they did update the web-site to reflect the new models,
but had posted photos to this forum before that.

Todd

jonyb
07-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I apologize if I've had a foul mouth, I try to keep my posts clean.

Natalie did post here, but she never posted anything other than offers or other things. Remember the last thread she started? About getting something free? Someone posted in there that they thought it was bologna, and Natalie never replied, and she was still employed at that time. I recall several times that she didn't reply to that were along those lines. No offense to anyone or her, just making a statement.

Ed G
07-31-2009, 02:53 PM
John, you say the folks from SC never come on these boards???

I guess you missed this post from Rick T responding to the guy who crashed his boat on a rock:

#7 07-29-2009, 05:00 PM
RickT
Member Join Date: Apr 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad everyone was ok. If we can help at the factory...just let us know.

Rick Tinker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is...you've made your statement a long time ago, but you keep persisting in dragging it on and on.

Whattya say to you start singing a different song, we'll all let this behind us and we all move on.

However, having freedom of speech on this board does not mean you have the right to come onto the Moomba boards and complain about Skiers Choice and your Supra.

Folks there don't really care or need to hear what negative things you have to say.

If you agree to abandon your past history and start offering helpfull info to the folks on the Moomba boards, I can agree to lift the ban on a probationary status.

But I'll warn you once again...on the Moomba forums -one complaint about Skiers Choice or one word that a parent wouldn't want his 8 year old to read - your gone forever.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
That is a silly threat imho. I saw Rick's post. He has posted 36 times in 7 years or 5 times a year. A search of his history shows me five posts directing members to call someone at Skiers Choice, and a few more generally helpful, basic informational posts. I don't expect the OWNER to be on the message boards, but if what Anthony told me at SC is true we should have SOMEONE here once and a while in a role that offers possible assistance. Lets please try and keep the drama out. Jon be nice but you shouldn't need to wear rose colored glasses so to speak.

Ed G
07-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Threat?

Please. Let's keep the drama out.

thescott
07-31-2009, 06:31 PM
I had a HUGE response written (yes bigger than this one)...but decided it wasn't worth getting into the thick of things here...

This thread has gotten/been lame. It's starting to remind me of other boards I no longer frequent because it got to be too much trouble to sift through the BS and find worthwhile posts/information.

Lets just all get along - K? Post your (the collective "you" - not singling out) opinions good/bad whatever. I don't know about anyone else, but I've avoided a few headaches by preemptively fixing issues here and there that have been griped about on this board...

But lets just be sure keep things clean, civil and productive. Save the drama for those OTHER forums.

OK! Let's hear some gossip/speculation about the 2010 line up...isn't that what this thread was titled? Better yet...we should just have a new thread devoted to that. This one's all worn out and bound to round back to the same issues.

Ed G
07-31-2009, 06:36 PM
It's OK Scott!

We all still love each other and cptsupra has started another thread which is entitiled:

"New Features for 2010 (2nd Attempt) ".

e

jonyb
07-31-2009, 10:42 PM
John, you say the folks from SC never come on these boards???

I guess you missed this post from Rick T responding to the guy who crashed his boat on a rock:

#7 07-29-2009, 05:00 PM
RickT
Member Join Date: Apr 2002

Glad everyone was ok. If we can help at the factory...just let us know.

Rick Tinker

The problem is...you've made your statement a long time ago, but you keep persisting in dragging it on and on.

Whattya say to you start singing a different song, we'll all let this behind us and we all move on.

However, having freedom of speech on this board does not mean you have the right to come onto the Moomba boards and complain about Skiers Choice and your Supra.

Folks there don't really care or need to hear what negative things you have to say.

If you agree to abandon your past history and start offering helpfull info to the folks on the Moomba boards, I can agree to lift the ban on a probationary status.

But I'll warn you once again...on the Moomba forums -one complaint about Skiers Choice or one word that a parent wouldn't want his 8 year old to read - your gone forever.

forgive me, the owner has posted. Guess he hasn't been around to see my threads or statements. If he had, then he has'nt threatened me with a ban.

I really don't care about the Moomba forum. You can leave me banned as far as I'm concerned. The only reason I know I'm banned is because I logged in to help another member with a post about his stereo. I've been just as helpful as I have been complaining. The thread you read that I was complaining in over there was probably someone asking everyone else's opinion about the boats from SC. Since I didn't kiss SC's butt and told my real opinion, you felt the need to ban me. I feel that people should know the honest truth, instead of how their the "best boats in the world", like you seem to proclame on all the forums.

I hope you enjoy protecting a company that doesn't pay you anything, or do they?

Singing the same song? not really, just following up to the posts in here. This thread is lame, like someone else said. The OP was asking about the 2010 lineup and I stated that they'd never hear from SC, to go somewhere else to find out. SC is absent here, as I keep proclaiming, but you still won't admit it. Mikey said it right, Rick T has posted on here only a few times, and he's said basically, "call me". Right, I know how that goes, I've tried that before. He just sent someone else to call me instead of taking care of it like he said he would.

Fman
08-01-2009, 01:46 AM
As I have mentioned before, I believe Supra builds a very nice boat. Infact, I get a lot of compliments on the boat from other boat owners, even Malibu owners.

HOWEVER, the only complaint I have about this boat is the ballast system. They are selling a wakeboard boat with a low grade ballast system. Its a wakeboard boat, you are going to use the ballast system more than anything else on the boat and the sprinkler valve/soft ballast system in my opinion stinks. I had a bag this week get a kink in the drain line and it would not drain, I had to stand on the bag to get it to empty. I could not even come close to moving the 750 lb sac once it was filled. I am going to install some 3/4" kink free bilge line on the drain line to help eleviate this problem. There are a couple pro's to the bags, but to many con's that create headaches!

I had to re-plumb the entire ballast fill system with a new manifold, 3 seperate tsunami pumps, new intake grate, vented loops, etc... to get decent fill times. I know the 09's are using JABSCO impeller driven pumps, which are a much better setup (although they only pump 9 GPM, compared to a tsunami 800 at 13.4 GPM). I just wish when doing this they would have converted to hard tanks or at least offered them for people to order. Even having an aftermarket hard tank for people to use would be a great option. It would not be expensive and would eleviate a lot of the headaches with the bags. There are many times when the bags will not completely drain out, even at a slant on the launch ramp. And having no gauges to fill a bag half way is near impossible.

I wish Supra would just go to a hard tank ballast system! Even if SC would install hard tanks it would be in my opinion a HUGE upgrade. That is the only thing that Supra is lacking behind MC, Malibu and Nautiques.

Ok, Im off my rant, other than the ballast fill and the bags, its been a great boat and I am enjoying it...

jonyb
08-01-2009, 09:12 AM
I built a set of ramps to go under my rear bags. They help the bags empty, but it's a real pain in the (you know what) when I have to take all that stuff out at the end of every weekend so the carpet can dry.

Fman there's a big debate over hard tanks or bags. I think I'd prefer the hard tanks because the hard tanks are permanent and those areas stay dry and can be used for storage. That's also the only way that you can have a gauge to see how much is in there.

I don't believe the Jabsco's are the way to go. I think the solution that Wakemakers has would be the best. I was talking to a guy yesterday that owns a boat maintenance shop. He is doing repairs on my friends 04 X-Star. The X-Star has been having problems with the ballast, and it has the Jabsco's. They were having some sort of impeller issues, but I think it's all taken care of now.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah there are definite tradeoffs between Aerator pumps and Sump pumps. The biggest controversy is flow rate. The Aerators are faster at ZERO pressure but when you put longer lines on them and they need to fill up a sac from the bottom which has pressure, some people say they don't equal a sump pump. Also the aerators won't always drain all the way but a sump pump has so much power it will drain any sac flat and shriveled like a raisin. However the sump pumps are a bit louder and they use more power. It's a toss up.

jony how do you use a hard tank for storage?? :) If you have sacs and they are empty then you have storage. Unless they are below the floor, sacs are the standard generally speaking.

I found it interesting that even wakeboard mag boat buyers guide didn't even TOUCH ballast systems from boat to boat. I mean they listed total weight and number of sacs but nothing else.

Fman
08-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Jony,

Agree with you on the bags, do you have some pics of the ramps you made? I like how you can add more weight easily, but not having gauges to fill a bag 1/2 way is near impossible. And drying out the carpet is kind of a hassle. Hopefully when I add the no kink bilge line it will alleviate the kinking problem. The no kink line is what I just finished using on my new ballast fill system, its great stuff and literally is impossible to kink. If you have a 750 lb bag kink and you cant drain it you are pretty much screwed. When I was shopping for boats, I noticed most of the hard tank systems are at best 700-800 lbs. My friends '07 X15 only has 700 lbs of hard tanks. He has to use fat sacs to surf or make a larger wave for boarding.

When the hard tanks are large and in the hull its pretty much a no brainer. The new MB Sports boat holds 2,500 lbs of ballast and fills in 60 seconds. Its all gravity fed with gates, also empties in 60 seconds. That is a sweet setup. I wish Supra would look at this technology. Much less to go wrong, other than the gates not working with a ton of weight capability. I am sure other boat manufacturer's are going to follow this technology. I know Calabrai has been using it for years, problem with there system is it's only 700 lbs. of ballast.

The only problem with the JABSCO's are if you run them dry they will burn the impeller up. Similiar to your engine impeller.... aerator style pumps are pretty much bomb proof, you can run them dry and nothing will burn up on them. My new fill system I have finished is working good, no problems priming and much quicker fill times. I am going to post a full write-up with pics this week sometime about it.

jonyb
08-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I said if you have hard tanks, then you have storage space in that locker. By that, I meant that the boats with hard tanks don't use the rear lockers for the ballast. The whole locker is boxed in, and you don't have a bag laying in the floor. Such as the X-Star that was out with us today. He had a large cooler in that side. If you do that with our boat, then when its time to fill the ballast the cooler has to come out. I keep my wakeboards in those lockers since I no longer trust the board racks in rough water. When it's time to fill the ballast the boards have to come out.

Fman
08-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Definitely understand about the cooler issue and the ski locker with the bags. Fortunately my Sunsport has a very large cooler built in so we never have to add additional coolers to the boat. If they could make a custom inserted hard tank that filled the perimeter/dead space of the ski locker it would still allow room for vests, ropes, etc... this will probably never happen because it appears SC is convinced the bags are a better set-up.

Oh yea, and if you contact Roswell they will send you a new set of board swivels that are much better than the ones on your boat. I should be recieveing mine this week, they have been on back order. The new setup uses a pin on the top of the swivel that is much stronger and and lifts up to swivel the racks. They are also much tighter and wont wobble. This was another complaint about my Supra that I was not hip on, my current racks have about 1 1/4" of play in them and they shake around with boards in them. Not safe, I always use the safety pins to prevent them from breaking. I will post some pics when I get my new swivels on, according to Roswell they are a direct bolt-on requiring no additional tapping or drilling.

Of all the wakeboard boats I have seen, Mastercraft makes the most rock solid swivel racks, they are tight and well built.

jonyb
08-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I've already got the new swivels. They're much better....

I'm not sold on Mastercraft's board racks though, I've witnessed a board come crashing down from the rack and clobber someone on the head. Water was pretty rough that day.

I'll also be calling Roswell back about something. After this weekend (remember I said I can't go out without something breaking?) I need a new mirror arm. Mine broke in half. I'll upload pics later.

tg0824SSVGG
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Dang John - you sure are having a time. You're the 2nd person with an 06/07 that
I have heard the mirror arm breaking.

I think they chnaged the arm for the 08 - for this one to break I think the boat would be
chopped in half first - I have heard great things about Roswell customer service.

I have a Roswell tower/speakers and board mounts on my old Fake-board boat - and was
TOTALLY happy with them - they've always been very responsive - best of luck on
the mirror.

If you have to "buy" a new one tho, I HIGHLY recommend Samson ... I have added
a 2nd mirror to the passenger side - and they make one for that - it's ROCK SOLID

Fman
08-03-2009, 01:01 AM
John,

Nice to know they actually sent you a new set. Mine are getting really sloppy. Hopefully I will recieve them before the end of the boating season. They seem to be a good company. My friends '07 X-15 has the lock down swivel brackets, they looked very well built. That is what I am afraid of happening with my brackets at this point. I might not even use them anymore until I get the new set, I can always throw them up on the Z5. Would hate to see someone take one on the noggin, that would not buff out easily.

How did your mirror bracket break in half????? thats crazy dude, I cant believe that would actuall break. I can see plastic mirror breaking but the arm on my mirror looks like I could hang from it.

thescott
08-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Fman-
Roswell is great about standing behind their products. I had the tines break on one of my racks and they replaced them quickly, no questions asked. Then I started having issues with the swivels. I requested the pin swivels back in April and was told they would be b/o until late June. Come July I hadn't heard anything. After several emails and a phone call, they showed up. Not sure if they're still back ordered or not. I was told by the rep there they snagged them from a local dealer for me.

You kinda got to stay on top of them. They'll get them out to you.

blaze5012
08-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Fman, do the new roswell racks have any type of color option at all, or is it just chrome/silver? I have the color-matched racks on my 06 gravity games and love the look but there starting to die out.

JonyB, I had the same thing happen to my mirror last summer, it snapped right at the mount to the tower. The dealer just replaced it with a newer 08 mirror I think.
________
vaporizer wholesaler (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

Fman
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
I believe the racks are only available in standard brushed aluminum, I called them and left an email again today. They were supposed to recieve a shipment 3rd week of July and ship them out to me, so far nothing at my door step. I will keep calling them this week.

jonyb
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Fman, do the new roswell racks have any type of color option at all, or is it just chrome/silver? I have the color-matched racks on my 06 gravity games and love the look but there starting to die out.

JonyB, I had the same thing happen to my mirror last summer, it snapped right at the mount to the tower. The dealer just replaced it with a newer 08 mirror I think.
Polished finish only.

Mine snapped about 1" in from the mirror.

Dang John - you sure are having a time. You're the 2nd person with an 06/07 that
I have heard the mirror arm breaking.

I think they chnaged the arm for the 08 - for this one to break I think the boat would be
chopped in half first - I have heard great things about Roswell customer service.

I have a Roswell tower/speakers and board mounts on my old Fake-board boat - and was
TOTALLY happy with them - they've always been very responsive - best of luck on
the mirror.

If you have to "buy" a new one tho, I HIGHLY recommend Samson ... I have added
a 2nd mirror to the passenger side - and they make one for that - it's ROCK SOLID

Thanks for the advice Todd. I agree on the service from Roswell. I explained that in the 2010 lineup thread about how good they were on the boardrack swivels.

Also, someone mentioned Roswell on WW about their boardracks just as we are. I replied on there that I'd spoken with Roswell, and would receive a set soon but they were on backorder. That's all I said. A week or so later I got an email from Scott at Roswell assuring me that they would be to my house soon. I thought that was pretty good that the manufacturer followed that website and responded to customers. I wasn't complaining or making them sound bad at all, just stating that there was a replacement and would be out soon. I thought pretty highly of them for that. That type of service goes a long way.

blaze5012
08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Any new info on the 2010 lineup? I thought we should have heard something by now.
________
Honda VF400F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VF400F)

jonyb
08-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, but even though this extraodinary site that's packed full of Skier's Choice information and customer service is here, you'll probably be better off finding the 2010 info somewhere else. And if they DO post it here, there won't be much.

I looked at this site for info on the boat I bought 2 years ago. The pictures here are terrible. You can't get a good look at anything. The only way to find info on these boats is to see them in person. Supraboats.com is lacking in sales information, and it's one of the worst I've seen for boats. You can't get a good look at how anything works, any features, nothing. I know they don't build their own trailers, but in the description it tells how the Gravity Games upgrade has custom wheels and other things, but you'll never see a picture of the boat on the trailer.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I just hung up the phone with them, just call them already

jonyb
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Well Mr. Skier's Choice, since you have the answers for everything, why did'nt you just ask and post it up?

thescott
08-14-2009, 12:44 AM
^^^Lame...

87SunSportMikeyD
08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL I had just hung up the phone before I read this post and I wasn't about to call back with another question when I am not in the market for a new boat lol. The last question wasn't about my boat either. I'm not like their biggest fan or anything - but they do have staffed phone help that is very competant in my personal experience of asking relatively minor questions.

jonyb
08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Then something has changed, because when I had issues last year and tried calling them, I never got returned phone calls or follow-ups. That's what is lame.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-14-2009, 06:21 PM
try again, please!

jonyb
08-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Not gonna happen. My relationship with Skier's Choice is over. I bought a new boat in 2007 that retailed for $65,000. After using it a little, it started falling apart, not to mention my dealer pretty much wouldn't do anything for me after the sale. You don't own a newer boat and haven't gone through this, so you don't understand what it's like. You haven't been in my shoe's to see all of this, so again, you don't understand what it's like.

Since the start of my Supra boat ownership, the company backing and dealer work has been the worst I've ever experienced. Dealers can make or break the brand, and mine sure did. I've found a dealer that I"ll call if I need something, so that's taken care of. I still don't get why SC doesn't have someone assigned to here to answer minor questions. Most other manufacturer's do, IF THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT.