PDA

View Full Version : Supra Comp Ts6M

Arabian
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I have a 1987 Comp Ts6m and I have water leaking into the boat right where the exhaust manifolds 3 inch pipe coms out of the floor and connects to the manifolds. HAs anyone ever had tis problem? I have siliconed around the inside and outside of the exhaust outlets> i use supertrap and took them off first and siliconed the crap out of it.

rludtke
07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I have a 1987 Comp Ts6m and I have water leaking into the boat right where the exhaust manifolds 3 inch pipe coms out of the floor and connects to the manifolds. HAs anyone ever had tis problem? I have siliconed around the inside and outside of the exhaust outlets> i use supertrap and took them off first and siliconed the crap out of it.

Wow Arabian, this is a new one. I find it curious that water would run the whole distance from the transom outlet all the way forward to the end of the pipe. The exhaust pipes are buried in foam for about 6'. It the water is coming out the forward end, then it must be filling up that whole compartment volume under the floor? I wonder if the foam is soaking it up?

I recently resaled the base of my Supertraps. I must say that I have some doubts about the design, I don't see how those parts can really create a positive seal.

Can some of you guy's that have replaced stringers and have been able to eyeball these areas let us know your thoughts?

saltare inverts
07-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Im guessing you actually have a leak from your rubber exhaust pipes or the clamps. It may just look like it coming from the rear but its coming from those hoses.

Lrob
08-13-2009, 08:24 PM
I have the same problem. Lots of water coming up out where the exhaust goes through the floor. Becomes much worse when you are on the throttle. I tore the old floor up a couple years ago and the foam and between the stringers was soaked. I sealed the exhaust at the transom with exhaust sealant recommended by my marina. After doing so, the leaking slowed but is still there. I am going to try and reseal. I'll let you know if that is the problem. I am 100% sure that it is not leaking from the rubber lines. If you find anything out, please let me know.