PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and...98 Legacy Floor warping

Shrob
07-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello all,

I have lurked here before, and been a Supra skier, well since day one.

I have a 86 Black Supra Comp Ts6M that is undergoing a 80% rebuild. Replacing the floor and fixing some rot issues, thankfully most is still solid. Engine will go back in with GT40P heads, custom cam and intake.

I was going to lose the summer if I didn't get it back together in time or buy a new boat and I found a pretty clean 1 owner 98 Legacy with 300 hrs. that I picked up. It will be nice to have the extra room, lack of wood issues, and the 320 MPI Indmar. I do have a couple (I believe minor issues).

#1 The composite flooring over the bilge, front floor locker and rear span are all bowed. I see Supra went with a new aluminum boxed design, assuming to get away from the bowing.

#2 I have an addendum to my purchase agreement stating Hrs. are 300 +/- 20%. The hour meter seams to reset to 26 upon start up. Do I need to replace the whole tack or do I need to start looking at the rear gauge control module?

#3 I need to replace some of the seat skins as the vinyl cracked when it got cold. Can you get OEM replacement skins or best to hit up a local upholstery shop?

#4 The rear bilge vents have a plastic cover that looks much like a handle except they break. Do they over a metal versions or do I need look into manufacturing some of my own.

Appreciate the help, I haven't had a chance to get the boat in the water yet as I bought it yesterday, but look forward to regaining my summer, and praying for an Indian summer to boot.

Shrob
07-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Here is a shot of the 86, right now it is in pieces.