PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions.

ronixrider82
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
OK I bought my 02 Supra Launch 22SSV Iv only had it not even a couple of weeks I put in the 3rd time third of July and that is when my incident happen. Engine knock with blue smoke rolling out of the back of it. I took it to my dealer they said it could be a blown head gasket but wouldn't know until they tore it completely apart and rebuild the top end. They said if I rebuilt the top end it would be a strong top end but the bottom end would be weak and it could fail in the future. I have 855 hours on the boat. So I went ahead and threw in a jasper rebuilt so I won't have ANY worries on the water. So I called the dealer where I bought it from which is 260 miles away from where I live they said it was pretty much where is as is but the might can help me out. So I waited and I kept calling them no answer so I told my dealer to go ahead and replace the motor since I only have a new weeks left of good weather! Finally the dealer called me Friday and said they won't do anything until they look at it for them self. All I asked for was them to pay for the labor for the new engine and i'll pay for the motor. Labor was only around $1,000. So far they have not called me back or even told me anything. I have a REALLY bad taste in my mouth I paid over 20,000 for this boat and already replacing the motor. Do you all think the dealer should at least pay something or do you think I should pay for it all myself?

saltare inverts
07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Im guessing you bought it from that dealer. If so, was there any warranty included? In writing?

Salty87
07-20-2009, 07:38 PM
inverts has asked the money question

if there's no warranty, they'd be stepping up to the plate pretty huge by covering the labor.

did you get a survey or any sort of inspection prior to purchase?

beast 496
07-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I think you should have taken the boat back to the selling dealer, They might have been able to help then. 260 miles really isn't that far. Sorry but you might be stuck with it. Allan

michael hunter
07-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I have to agree with beast I doubt the dealer will pay out money the may have throne in the labor if they did the job. Sorry for your bad luck I hope it ends with this.

ronixrider82
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah your right they did not do a thing... Pretty sad you pay for a boat only have it two weeks and it blows up and you s.o.l. They won't even return my phone calls. Since the contract did not have the as is no warranty box checked I feel a law suite coming on. My good deal cost another 4,000 THANKS EXTREME POWER SPORTS!

87SunSportMikeyD
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Call Skiers Choice, press button for customer service, talk to Anthony. Tell them about the dealer and see if he can give you any additional info or if they can help talk to the dealer at all.