PDA

View Full Version : Impeller Puller for 2006 21V

SZEH
07-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Going to change the impeller on my '06 21V. Does anyone know if this is going to fit (in the engine compartment with enough clearance) and work on the 21V? I'm pretty sure I already know this is a great tool to have, but want to hear one more time that it'll work before I pull the trigger.

http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JAB50070-0040

Thanks,

Scott

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I only use a pair of needle nose pliers. It will pull easily out, then lube up the new one rotate it in the way it will be turning re-install the cover. Job complete. 20 minutes tops. I replace mine at least twice a year. Cheap security!!!

SZEH
07-22-2009, 07:29 AM
I only use a pair of needle nose pliers. It will pull easily out, then lube up the new one rotate it in the way it will be turning re-install the cover. Job complete. 20 minutes tops. I replace mine at least twice a year. Cheap security!!!

Great...thanks. You just saved me $60 on that impeller removal tool that I can put towards another impeller. Since our boats are so new I figure the impeller shouldn't be bound up. My brother has a 99 Launch and his was a little difficult to remove, but I know that boat wasn't maintained as well as it should have been.

Scott