PDA

View Full Version : Summerizing.......

cryonchick
01-25-2004, 11:52 PM
I had my boat winterized this season, first time I have ever had to do that.. So what is there to summerizing? Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks..

jflock2
01-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Depends on the dealer that winterized it. My dealer said all I have to do is "put it in the water and turn the key."
I would change the oil after the first day out.
Only 1 more month!

cryonchick
01-28-2004, 11:21 PM
I know that they fogged the engine, flushed and filled the cooling water system with straight antifreeze, and disconnected the battery, removed the prop, stabilzed the fuel, coated my hoses and engine with a protectant and coated the trailer with a protectant as well......

jflock2
01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Sounds exactly what they do to mine. Obviously re-connect the battery and re-install the prop. The anti-freeze is more than likely "environmentally friendly", so you should be able to just drop it in the water and turn the key. Check the distributor cap and plugs just to make sure they are all connected.

noneya
01-29-2004, 04:30 PM
I understood that the fogging oil replaces the engine oil, also they usually remove the impeller.

cryonchick
01-29-2004, 09:29 PM
There is a small baggie of goodies that they tied to my steering wheel, I will have to check to see if they took the impeller out or not. I don't think that they did. So just, check all the ignition and hook things back up and the other stuff and just fire it up! Unfortunately we are a far cry from even thinking about getting on the water. We have been dealing with -2F weather and all the lakes aren't even thinking about thawing out for at least another 2-3 months if not longer.........

Thanks guys..

cryonchick
01-29-2004, 09:34 PM
One more thing....

Noneya,

The fogging oil is a thick adhesive type of oil that will stick to the combustion chamber (cylinder walls) to provide a protective film to prevent corrosion in them. It is injected into the carburator until the engine stalls out. Your regular engine oil is still in the sump/pan. I know that when you fire up the engine after being fogged it smokes like crazy, because you actually burn the fogging oil out of the cylinders.

noneya
01-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Sounds good...good luck!

jflock2
03-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Took mine SSV out yesterday for the first time this year....she fired up without any issues!!! One of the best feelings in a boat owner's life...