PDA

View Full Version : Speaker/Sub Wiring Diagram & misc stereo questions

nicksterious
07-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I have an '08 Sunsport 24 with 4 tower speakers/2 bow speakers & 4 speakers in the main area.

Anyone have a wiring diagram of how they hooked up 10 speakers plus a sub to the puny kenwood amp? I assume the tower is hooked up in a series and the interior speaker in a seperate series??

Additionall, WHY don't they put the sub in some sort of box or enclosure?! The bass is pathetic without it...

I wish they'd offer JL as an alternative...music from a friend's boat blows mine away.

Thoughts, comments, your upgrades????

wotan2525
07-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Add an amp!!!

saltare inverts
07-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Tell me what is in your boat. How bad is it. Specific items would be good. Type of speakers etc.

TayTay
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM
This all speculation but this is what I think is going on. Your tower speakers and sub are run off the Amp. Then the 4 rear speakers are wired in series to the rear output on the deck and the two fron speakers are wired to the front output of the deck. Again, I dont have the same setup so I dont know for sure. I would just to an over haul of your system if you want a better stereo. Add another Amp and buy a new sub and put it in a box. Theres my two cents.

jonyb
07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Skier's Choice clearly needs to quit installing stereo's in these boats. They're a waste of money. I'd rather have bought the boat with nothing....

So you have 1 amp? What's the model number on it? 4-channel?

Yes, every sub needs an enclosure, and even free-air woofers still need some type of way to be closed in.

Gut it, and start from scratch.