PDA

View Full Version : Loose wire cause shut down

SupraZolt
07-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I've been having some issues with sudden shut down of the engine when the boat is running, usually when it hits a wave harder. I have an 04 Comp LTS. Everything works fine on calm water. If the boat hits a larger wave it will shut down due to vibrations I guess. I have reached under the dash and wiggled the wiring bundles and it sparks up again. When the boat is not running I can turn the key to get power to the dash and I can wiggle wires unde the dash and it will lose power and come on again. It is not at the key ignition, but somewhere behind. Not sure where to go with this one. I have taken the wiring harnesses, under the dash, and plugged them in and out without any problems. Sometimes I can get it to power off and on by wiggling the wires. I had had enough and took the seat out to really get under the dash and trace the wires, but when I did everything stayed powered up and I could not get it to do it. Skiers choice said trace the purple wires and I did, but it all worked when I did that. Any suggestions would be great. Tonight, in my garage I turned the ignition on and wiggled the wires and it powered on and off again. Aaargh!
It would probablybe better if it just completely failed. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Zoltan