PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leak

turbolicious
07-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Guys, I bin getting good advise from you guys in the past, I think I have 1 of my exhaust tube in the floor that leak water in the boat. Can it be removed for inspection whiout taking the floor out? If I take the back setion out to the transom and then slide it out by the engine compartement??

any body hade done this before??

Salty87
07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
it's probably not the exhaust pipe, they're pretty stout. you can't slide them out anyway, not to mention would be hard to get them back in.

they often leak at the transom, the sealant wears out eventually. do you have supratrapps? they are round, made of plates stacked together.

if so, you might need to clean out the old sealant and apply more. sealant needs to be put behind the mounting plate on the transom and also up the exhaust tube a few inches where the tube and the mounting plate come together.

there are a few threads on this if you search

turbolicious
07-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes I have the supertrapp. The problem is the boat take a lot of water, I have just changes the PSS seal last week, everything elses seam fine but when I wake board it take a bit of water, let say bidge 1min after 15min ride, but when I idle and the exhaust are in the water I take much more water...

If the exhaust was leaking would the water be able to get from that side of the floor to the bidge area?

I really dont see where elses the boat can take that much water in a short periode of time......

Salty87
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
If the exhaust was leaking would the water be able to get from that side of the floor to the bidge area?

I really dont see where elses the boat can take that much water in a short periode of time......

no, that water wouldn't be able to get to the bilge....unless you had cracks or holes in the stringers.

you're probably right but check the rudder too and also the swim platform bolts. are they still clean holes and the brackets still keep the platform tight to the boat?

sealing the exhaust is easy, just a little messy.

saltare inverts
07-30-2009, 11:27 PM
I am guessing rudder and or platform bolts like Salty said.