PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried to make a Comp into an open bow?

kestner1405
07-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey so my step mom hates our 87 supra comp but me and my dad love it! she wouldnt hate it as bad if it was open bow and we have tossed around the idea of trying to make it into one... does anyone have pics of thiers? if its even possible!? :confused: any advice or ideas? thanks!

mapleleaf
07-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't want to be out of line, but Supra thought of it and called it a Conbrio!!
I'm sure if you now how to do some really good fiberglass work it's possible, but a lot of work for a small pay off, I can only put 1 adult up there before she starts getting real low at the bow ( submarine time)... There are some pic's of my Conbrio on my member's page....
Good luck, however it works out......

csuggs
07-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey Matt -
Mapleleaf is right - it's probably not a good idea to load the bow of a Comp. It's already so low in the water that you're asking for trouble if you put a guy up there. My Sunsport is even questionable at times with an adult in the playpen, but you just have to learn how to approach (or avoid) the rollers - found that out the hard way! Your Comp is a great boat and I love the lines and performance - I would hate to see you compromise that (no pun intended - really).
Hey - welcome to the forum, I'll see you on the river!
Clint

mapleleaf
07-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey it sounds like Clint just put out the invite for your stepmom to go out on his bowrider....problem solved!!! LOL

87SunSportMikeyD
07-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow I think that was a shot

beast 496
07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
do what we did with our mom, leave her on dock to arrange all of the ski's and lines. Seriously though, I would not cut the deck, structural integrity would suffer along with your wallet. Have you let her drive? why doesn't she like the boat, rough ride? Why do you think an open bow would make her happy? If you answer these questions honestly you can come to a conclusion. good luck Allan

rludtke
07-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Besides all of the aforementioned good reasons not to cut, the first time the boat stuffs it's nose while she is riding in the bow would likely be the last time she would want to ride in it!

mapleleaf
07-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Rick's right...the people who've gotten wet in bow jump up pretty quick!!!!