PDA

View Full Version : New Features for 2010 (2nd Attempt)

cptsupra
07-31-2009, 07:47 AM
I am just checking to see if anyone has any information on the new features and or the color schemes and colors that will be offered on the 2010 Supra lineup. I know of the new LCD display, balast flow monitors and MB quartz stereo system (with no informaiton on the models). I am looking forward to placing an order as soon as they become available for order through dealers and just want the most information to plan my decision.

If you have anything to offer please go ahead. Otherwise, I have a thread titled 2010 Lineup that is readily available for other hijacks. Thanks.

Jason

jonyb
07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Glad to hear they changed the ballast system, and MB Quart is much better than the past, so that sounds like a good upgrade too.

blaze5012
07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken, in the other thread, i think Mikey said he called SC and they said that consumer information should be out in early August. So hopefully early next week we should get full information.. hopefully.
________
Honda NSR125 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NSR125)

87SunSportMikeyD
07-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry about the hijack cptsupra you are totally right. I did call them and they said very soon. I'm sure if you call them they can give you come more verbal details but they said first public pics and brochures etc out in beginnning of aug

cptsupra
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys.

I am just anxious to see some stuff. Bad comibination of being away from any form of boating and a little too much time on my hands I guess.

I also heard of another tower option coming available in January. I'm guessing and truly only guessing that they are coming out with a fiberglass option to counter some of their competitors. I personally don't like the looks of those towers, but as long as it is an option, then I say, the more options the better.

bero2121
08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi Everyone! This is my first post but I will try to be as helpful as possible. Just got a new 2010 21V. My boat was the first one off the line. Serial number 001. The biggest addition this year is the LCD screen. It has a built in GPS with lake maps and depths, radio control, controls all cruise control options, and a few other things. The ballast system is still bags, however there is a gauge for each one on the lcd. One nice feature is the ability to program riders in the LCD. With the touch of a button it will automatically set the speed, wake plate, and fill each ballast bag to its preset level. The radio also has a self adjusting volume with the speed of the boat. When you slow the boat down, the radio gets quieter. Go faster....gets louder. Nice feature, but i have had it fault 3 times already. When the throttle is hit the radio turns all the way up and needs to be turned off to reset it. Prob a software glitch that can be updated. Radio has a usb input as well as an aux in in the glovebox. The tower is the same style but they are going to be changing it in Jan or Feb. Any questions ask and i'll be glad to try and answer them. I'll try to take some pictures when we go out this weekend as well. Take care!

Fman
08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Everyone! This is my first post but I will try to be as helpful as possible. Just got a new 2010 21V. My boat was the first one off the line. Serial number 001. The biggest addition this year is the LCD screen. It has a built in GPS with lake maps and depths, radio control, controls all cruise control options, and a few other things. The ballast system is still bags, however there is a gauge for each one on the lcd. One nice feature is the ability to program riders in the LCD. With the touch of a button it will automatically set the speed, wake plate, and fill each ballast bag to its preset level. The radio also has a self adjusting volume with the speed of the boat. When you slow the boat down, the radio gets quieter. Go faster....gets louder. Nice feature, but i have had it fault 3 times already. When the throttle is hit the radio turns all the way up and needs to be turned off to reset it. Prob a software glitch that can be updated. Radio has a usb input as well as an aux in in the glovebox. The tower is the same style but they are going to be changing it in Jan or Feb. Any questions ask and i'll be glad to try and answer them. I'll try to take some pictures when we go out this weekend as well. Take care!

Sounds like a sweet ride, how bout some pics??? I am jealous of your gauges, I wish my '08 had them! I am waiting for the hard tanks one year and maybe I will upgrade my '08.

Anyway.... congrats on your new ride! sounds like SC added some real nice upgrades.

jonyb
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I still don't see how the boat can meter the bag level. If it's a flowmeter of some sort, that's just another part that'll be broken in a few months. Maybe I'm wrong, but without a hard tank with a sending unit to monitor the level, I just don't see it being accurate.

Fman
08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I still don't see how the boat can meter the bag level. If it's a flowmeter of some sort, that's just another part that'll be broken in a few months. Maybe I'm wrong, but without a hard tank with a sending unit to monitor the level, I just don't see it being accurate.r

I agree John, that system will probably not be 100% accurate. Plus, what happens if you change to larger ballast bags? How does it calibrate the level? They need to go with hard tanks with a true sending unit, I would take mechanical gauges over electronic any day. Electronic is just another item to go wrong, but maybe I am old school.

I do like the presetting feature of the riders, and the new screen looks real nice with the built in GPS.

Hard tanks.....why have they not considered this? Every other wakeboard boat manufacturer uses them! If the bags were that great, everyone else would be putting them in there boats!

NAW
08-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Just some food for thought.

-Yes, there will be a new tower available soon...it will be an option.

-The 21V is available in a walkthru bow if you so desire.

-The ballast gauges are utilizing the timers on the pumps. By knowing how many gallons the bag is and the fill rate, the gauges can tell you how full, etc. If any of you have spent time in other manufacturers boats with hard tanks and gauges, I'm not sure that you would be so anti-soft bag. Every boat I have been in besides by buddies old 2004 CC 210 Team Edition had a bad gauge, bad sending unit, or combination of the two on at least one ballast tank...even new out of the box boats.

To further the bag vs. tank discussion, I can only say that I, as a rider first, upgrade my ballast. I can do this VERY easily because Supra has bags. If it had tanks, I would rip out the tanks and put bags in....like many owners of other brands boats have done, or tried to do. Or, if the tanks were sub floor, I would still add ballast (i.e. bag system like the PWT Ballast system on the X-Star).

It's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't.

1- Have bags, upgrade them as you see fit, very easily. When they're empty, they take up no storage.

2- Have above floor tanks. When they are full or empty, they still take up storage space. Most still will want to upgrade ballast. Remove or modify= $$ and time.

3- Have sub floor tanks. Only so much room sub floor= need for more ballast. Plumb in additional ballast....you now have a ballast bag system...plus a sub floor system.

cptsupra
08-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks Naw,

Is there any info on what type of new tower will be offered? Or just speculation at this point?

Thanks.

NAW
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
There final design wasn't completed as of about 3 weeks ago, so rather than us all see a non complete design, they held off on showing it. Soon, I'm sure though.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
good post --^

kporsch
08-21-2009, 01:35 PM

-The ballast gauges are utilizing the timers on the pumps. By knowing how many gallons the bag is and the fill rate, the gauges can tell you how full, etc. If any of you have spent time in other manufacturers boats with hard tanks and gauges, I'm not sure that you would be so anti-soft bag. Every boat I have been in besides by buddies old 2004 CC 210 Team Edition had a bad gauge, bad sending unit, or combination of the two on at least one ballast tank...even new out of the box boats.

To further the bag vs. tank discussion, I can only say that I, as a rider first, upgrade my ballast. I can do this VERY easily because Supra has bags. If it had tanks, I would rip out the tanks and put bags in....like many owners of other brands boats have done, or tried to do. Or, if the tanks were sub floor, I would still add ballast (i.e. bag system like the PWT Ballast system on the X-Star).

1- Have bags, upgrade them as you see fit, very easily. When they're empty, they take up no storage.

2- Have above floor tanks. When they are full or empty, they still take up storage space. Most still will want to upgrade ballast. Remove or modify= $$ and time.

3- Have sub floor tanks. Only so much room sub floor= need for more ballast. Plumb in additional ballast....you now have a ballast bag system...plus a sub floor system.

I agree 100% with NAW. I like the bags and think they should stay unless the hard tanks are all under the floor (like on the Epic's). Most other boats I have been in require extra ballast which means more bags everywhere. Take the Xtar for example - to get a good wake you need about 1500 lbs on top of factory ballast which means bags in the rear and front lockers.

I like the fact I can empty my center gravity games bag and store a surfboard or 3 wakeboards in that compartment for traveling. Put a hard tank there and you will loose all of that storage space.

Looking forward to some pics of the 2010's.

dude 123
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
malibu has their tanks under the floor and it equals out to be about 1200lbs
plus the wedge puts out a good down word force

Fman
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM

I think the key component would be to have hard tank that hold a substantial amount of weight. Example, the new MB Sports has 2,500 lbs of hard tank ballast and the Epic has 4,000 lbs of hard tank ballast.

With the new gauge system you will be able to program the size of the bag in the computer? That would be a great feature, especially if you are upgrading to larger bags.

I agree, if you are going to put a 700-1000 lb hard tank ballast in, then it would not be worth it. I did ride in an '09 Malibu LSV with 1300 lbs of hard ballast/+ Wedge and it worked flawlessly. You could dial each ballast tank to whatever % you wanted to have, very nice. Dont know the longevity of these systems, but for now it is working great.

You loose a lot of space in your ski locker with the bags, having the Z5 helps a lot becuase really the only thing going in my ski lockers are vests and ropes. Especially with the Sunsport Ice Chest that holds a lot food and beverages (great feature!).

cptsupra
08-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Naw,

I see that SC is advertising the 21V as a newly redesigned hull. Do you have any info on what changes they are making?

Thanks.

Jason

NAW
08-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Fman- You don't necessarily program in the size of the bag, but you can adjust the timer on the pump to fill longer for when you add a bigger bag.

cptsupra- The hull was tweaked for the 2009 model year. The difference in the wake is noticeable. For instance, I ride my '08 21V with 400lbs in each rear locker and 1100lbs in the belly. A friend has the '09 21V and we run just stock ballast. The wake is more firm, with a nice kick on top....and it's just about the same size with less weight.

The only change for the 21V in 2010 besides the changes that are across the supra lineup will be the option to get a walkthrough bow.

cptsupra
08-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Good deal. Thanks Naw.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Whats funny about this is there is a 2010 Supra on ebay right, funny we get our first look at the new supra from EBAY!

cptsupra
08-28-2009, 03:22 AM
bero2121, what was wrong with your first boat off the line? Being that it is all ready for sale on ebay, there has to be something wrong with it.

WadsworthSunsport22V
08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
bero2121, what was wrong with your first boat off the line? Being that it is all ready for sale on ebay, there has to be something wrong with it.

Finally Supra has gone to larger fuel tanks on the smaller boats. 52 gallons.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
where is the link? Dont be mean...

thescott
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I haven't seen much in the way of discussion on the Vision dash thing. What do you guys think?

My first thought was...uh oh, if something in that gadget fails...are you dead in the water. But apparently there are some fail safes in place that allow continued operation if the display somehow fails. At least that's the impression I got from the thread over on the Moomba forum.

Seems pretty cool I guess...I really like GPS feature that supposedly shows depth profiles of lakes/waterways...that's pretty cool.

Based on the pics I saw on Ebay from the guy who had the #1 off the line 21v...not sure I'm a big fan of how the dash is laid out and looks with that thing.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2406

more info

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=9032&page=2

Fman
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I haven't seen much in the way of discussion on the Vision dash thing. What do you guys think?

My first thought was...uh oh, if something in that gadget fails...are you dead in the water. But apparently there are some fail safes in place that allow continued operation if the display somehow fails. At least that's the impression I got from the thread over on the Moomba forum.

Seems pretty cool I guess...I really like GPS feature that supposedly shows depth profiles of lakes/waterways...that's pretty cool.

Based on the pics I saw on Ebay from the guy who had the #1 off the line 21v...not sure I'm a big fan of how the dash is laid out and looks with that thing.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2406

more info

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=9032&page=2

Sounds like Skiers Choice did three years of testing on this system before they were satisfied with it. It looks similar to my friends '09 LSV Maliview system. My only concern is how it will perform in 110+ degree heat, electronics and heat dont go good together. I would think they did a lot of testing in hot conditions to see how it performs. Hopefully if the screen gets hot it does not loose contrast or good visibility for the driver to see it.

Noneless, I think it looks great and has some great features. Being able to dial-in each ballast bag is a great upgrade. Thumbs up for me!

87SunSportMikeyD
09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I dont think it is good for the sport - prices going higher and high and boat technology getting rediclously advanced. Is this a car or a boat? Can I fix it? Or am I wealthy enough not to be concerned with that since many peolple pay the dealer $300 already for winterization that is worth $50 and is super easy. Not that I would ever spend that much on a boat OR car.

Fman
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
I dont think it is good for the sport - prices going higher and high and boat technology getting rediclously advanced. Is this a car or a boat? Can I fix it? Or am I wealthy enough not to be concerned with that since many peolple pay the dealer $300 already for winterization that is worth $50 and is super easy. Not that I would ever spend that much on a boat OR car.

I wll be surprised if you see boats going any higher in price. The economy is not going to support it. That is why there are many repo'd new boats right now going for $20-25k below MSRP. Many people were pulling equity out of there homes to buy $70k boats and now have lost there homes and boats. The boat industry is seeing a massive reduction in sales because people that cant afford them are no longer able to buy them. To purchase a $60k boat you have to have a good job and credit.

The technology is a nice feature, if you ever get the chance to use this on the water you will realize why they are going this direction. These boats are towing many different riders with different abilities and the electronics are making it perfect for each rider. I do question the longevity of the systems, I guess time will tell. I am confident a lot of the longevity will depend on how people treat there boats. Storing them outside in the rain and weather will definitely have a direct impact on how well they hold up.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Sometimes I rant on new boats I hope I didn't come off that way. I really am not a part of the intended market for these babies so I shouldn't be posting. I can't ever imagine being able to afford one and ya it makes me a bit jealous but DANG it is just so much $$. Oops there I go again crap! I would be happy to give it a test-ride though lol! I've never even ridden behind a truly modern/new wake boat.

ahosny
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
NICE... But how is the sound system now?

Fman
09-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I rant on new boats I hope I didn't come off that way. I really am not a part of the intended market for these babies so I shouldn't be posting. I can't ever imagine being able to afford one and ya it makes me a bit jealous but DANG it is just so much $$. Oops there I go again crap! I would be happy to give it a test-ride though lol! I've never even ridden behind a truly modern/new wake boat.

Honestly, any boat that you have a good time on and does not break down often is a great boat! You dont need to spent a lot of money to have a great time on the water. However, the new features these boats have are incredible and make the experience even more enjoyable.

Example, perfect pass = marriage saver :) this has to be one of the greatest inventions of all time for married couples!

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM

I agree with you but in these features just jacking up the price of the boat. Not quite sure I agree with people are so wealthy that they enjoy paying the $300 to winterize their boats. It might be easy, but I do not know how, nor have the time to worry about if I did it wrong and crack my block. By your logic if it is easy, then one you should do it yourself. I can change the oil in my car, but have not for years, I have also done break jobs my self, but also not for years. Both of those are very easy to do.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Well yeah but an oil change is $30 if winterizing it was that cheap I would have it done for sure hehe! For me to winterize, following the step by step instructions and pictures in my manual, took about an hour using a wrench and pliers. Just a couple bolts on the block, a couple hoses to loosen and pull off, and fill with marine antifreeze. I know it's a bit scary but it is very very simple IMHO. :)

Things like an LCD screen and computer units on a new boat worry because you cant even understand how they really work let alone fix it yourself.

FMan I think I can afford perfect pass for my 87 - I am struggling to really justify the purchase though hehe! I am thinking that since I would get the mechanical version with the servo motor (as opposed to the drive by wire version you probably use) and any other future boat I get would PROBABLY use the same thing so I could pull it when I sell if the buyer does not want to pay for it.

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-27-2009, 01:50 AM
the mechanical version with the servo motor

Is this a Servo motor as in pm motor with a Servo controller?