PDA

View Full Version : Hard tank ballasts for Supra?

Fman
08-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Would it be possible to have a company fab up some plastic hard tanks to install in the ski locker compartment??? anyone know if a company like this exists???

Love my Supra, but I have to be honest, the bag system I am not digging on. This week I could not get one to drain because it kinked the line, I had to step on it for 5 minutes to finally relieve the pressure. Moving the 750 lb sac was impossible with all the weight. I am going to install kink free 3/4" bilge line to help alleviate this, but was thinking maybe someone could fab up a plastic insert to fit in the ski locker. Attach some fittings and you would be good to go. I wish Supra would just goto the hard tank system, there are a few pro's to bags, but to many con's that go along with it.

Anyone have any ideas for this??? or possibly finding a 60-90 gallon plastic water tank that would fit in the locker?

Okie Boarder
08-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I can't give you specifics because I am just starting to search tanks myself, but I can tell you I have found tons of companies out there that make plastic tanks. If you need a pretty standard size, you can get tanks pretty reasonable. I was looking at 30-40 gallon rectangular tanks at around $100 each.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I used to have links for plastic hard tanks but I am not finding them any more. I am interested in possibly putting a hard tank under my rear bench seat. Need it to be a bit heavier than the current sac in the modified bench base that holds about 250.

The problem with ballast systems is there are so many options and none are totally perfect for everyone. Some people swear by kink free hose but I haven't ahad any issues with mine.

fman are they aerator pumps?

Fman
08-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, the drain pumps are aerator style which also creates a priming issue sometimes. If the pump is not always lower than the water source it will not pump anything out. Aerator pumps cant prime themselves like impeller style pumps.