PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard recommendation?

Fman
08-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Currently riding a 144 CWB Faction, it is a beginner-intermediate board with 2 fins on each side, and a mild rocker. Looking to upgrade to a little faster board, tri-fin setup, steeper rocker. I really like the CWB bindings, have never ridden any other types of boards. Hoping for some recommendations, I would preferr to stay with CWB only because the clip-in bindings.

I am 6'1", 195 lbs.

Thanks...

tg0824SSVGG
08-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Back when we were wakeboarding (we hydrofoil now) - we found a local shop that
specialized in wakeboards - and had a relationship with them. They let us try stuff
and knew what to recommend... They cost a little more than ordering online - but
they kept going/trying until we were happy - not something easy to do online.

Do you have the CWB - "rear-entry" bindings? Those look so much better than what
we used to use that would KILL our feet.

Todd

87SunSportMikeyD
08-04-2009, 03:11 PM
You could use those bindings on any board. I have ridden many brands over the years but I stick with Liquid Force because they are super light and the board designs are always cutting edge. Rolled edges between feet for forgiveness, center spine on the bottom of board for smooth landings. I would like to try a CWB Marius someday and their hinge tech bindings are a great idea, would love to try them too.

jonyb
08-04-2009, 04:03 PM
A lot of the guys around here ride Slingshot boards.

I've got a LF PS3 that I've been trying to sell to get something bigger. I made the mistake of buying a 137, and I'm 190#.

I do have the 08 CWB Zeus CT bindings and they're great.

jasonba1
08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
jonyb what board are you looking for and what size

jonyb
08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
If I can get $350 out of my board and bindings first, I'll probably look into a Slingshot board and bindings that's at least 142.

jasonba1
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
let me know I maybe able to get you a deal once your ready

mapleleaf
08-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Not try'in to step on thread toes here, but recommendation on a board for my wife would be great!
She's 5'3, 125lb and definitely a beginner (she's tough though outta the water 1st try everytime!)

Fman
08-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Not try'in to step on thread toes here, but recommendation on a board for my wife would be great!
She's 5'3, 125lb and definitely a beginner (she's tough though outta the water 1st try everytime!)

My wife is riding a Hyperlite 134 and is about the same size as your wife and seems to be having no problems.

Fman
08-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Back when we were wakeboarding (we hydrofoil now) - we found a local shop that
specialized in wakeboards - and had a relationship with them. They let us try stuff
and knew what to recommend... They cost a little more than ordering online - but
they kept going/trying until we were happy - not something easy to do online.

Do you have the CWB - "rear-entry" bindings? Those look so much better than what
we used to use that would KILL our feet.

Todd

Hi Todd,

Yes, they are the rear clip in bindings, awesome... dont even need the juice to fit your foot in the bindings. I am sure I will buy CWB bindings regardless of what board I end up getting.

jonyb
08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
let me know I maybe able to get you a deal once your ready
Thanks Jason, would you mind PM'ing me a price on the SS boards and bindings in a 142 board and 11-12 binding?

My wife rides an Obrien Vixen 134 (I think)

Hi Todd,

Yes, they are the rear clip in bindings, awesome... dont even need the juice to fit your foot in the bindings. I am sure I will buy CWB bindings regardless of what board I end up getting.
What do you mean rear clip? Are you talking about the hinge? If so, they call it hinge-tech. I've got a set of 08 closed-toe Zues' for sale in size 11-12 that have been used twice, but I need to sell the board first, which is a 2008 LF PS3 137.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Hinge Tech is the name

Maple my girlie is extremly happy with the LF Melissa and I would highly recommend it. PM me.

zalamander
08-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been riding for many years now and have found that the '05 Hyperlite Byerly bindings are the easiest, fastest, and most secure bindings short of a closed toe. The BOA system makes it easy to get into and out of fast, and if you come out of them in the water they are easy to get back into with out lube. I've been riding a 137 '05 HL Bylerly, but just bought my wife a 137 '07 HL Syn, and I love it. I tried many boards over the years, and finally the right one found me. Many shops will let you demo boards for a small deposit, and I can say it's worth it to do that and end up with the board you want rather than a recommended board that doesn't fit your riding style, and ends up costing you a couple hundred dollars.
Anyways... hope it helps.

see below for links to all boards/bindings mentioned...

http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot6.asp?ProductID=2539

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard6.asp?ProductID=2554

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard8.asp?ProductID=3500