PDA

View Full Version : Nice Boat!

csuggs
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I should never allow my eyes to wander and look at such things, but . . . . .

There's a 1991 Conbrio for sale on ebay with only 127 hours and for less than $10K somebody's gonna get a sweet ride! Not me though - mine's headed to Maryville in the spring for a complete stringer and floor replacement . . . :)

If you're interested, check out the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supra-Conbrio-Esprit-Ski-boat-bow-rider_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ hashZitem2a004a4dfaQQitemZ180393496058QQptZPowerQ5 fMotorboats

Okie Boarder
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
That is nice! Where you sending your boat for the stringer and floor replacement? What have you been quoted for cost?

DoctorJD
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I should never allow my eyes to wander and look at such things, but . . . . .

There's a 1991 Conbrio for sale on ebay with only 127 hours and for less than $10K somebody's gonna get a sweet ride! Not me though - mine's headed to Maryville in the spring for a complete stringer and floor replacement . . . :)
Hmmm, I've got a friend in the market for a used inboard.

As far as the stringer deal, been there man. I had mine done last Spring by Viper. She's solid as a rock now, and my kids have had a blast wakeboarding/tubnig behind it this Summer.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Anywhere reputable in the Midwest??

mapleleaf
08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I keep thinking it's too small I keep thinking it's too small......

87SunSportMikeyD
08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
hahah too funny maple. It's in FL!! There are other ones out there for you sir

csuggs
08-06-2009, 11:34 PM
That is nice! Where you sending your boat for the stringer and floor replacement? What have you been quoted for cost?

Boat's going to Jim Jackson at Viper. I talked to about three different people that do the work. Two of them I would let do the work, but Jim is my first pick.

89supracomp
08-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow! Sweet looking boat! Sometimes i wish mine had an open bow.

mapleleaf
08-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Wow! Sweet looking boat! Sometimes i wish mine had an open bow.

it's a nice thing to have if you can pay attention to your wake when you turn back on it, at idle I bet my bow is 6 inches or less from the waterline!!!!!

DoctorJD
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
it's a nice thing to have if you can pay attention to your wake when you turn back on it, at idle I bet my bow is 6 inches or less from the waterline!!!!!
You've got to watch the wake REALLY close when you're driving a Conbrio. I thought I sank mine ealier this Summer. One of my son's friends was in the bow when I cut across the wake, a wall of water rushed into the boat. Wouldn't you know it, my bilge pump decided to go out about that time.

csuggs
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm sure it's really tricky in the Conbrio - I've taken some pretty good rollers over the bow of my Sunsport. My son's girlfriend was sitting in the playpen at the time and I think she thought we were going down! LOL! So now I'm more careful and have changed my method of turning back to retrieve my skier.

Okie Boarder
08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
What is he going to charge for the stringer replacement?

csuggs
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd rather not say on here because you never know who is viewing this thread. We have not settled completely on a price until he gets the boat split, but I think his price is fair and I feel certain that his work will be top shelf. If you are interested and want a ballpark price, I would rather he give that to you personally.
Clint

DoctorJD
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I'd rather not say on here because you never know who is viewing this thread. We have not settled completely on a price until he gets the boat split, but I think his price is fair and I feel certain that his work will be top shelf. If you are interested and want a ballpark price, I would rather he give that to you personally.
Clint
Jim didn't actually quote me a price on my boat, only gave me a "worst-case" scenario. I understood because there was no way that you could tell the full extent of the damage without pulling the decking and foam out. Unfortunately for me, it was "worst case". They even saved the old stringer materials that they pulled out to show me the extent of the damage. I HIGHLY recommend Viper, Jim is a good dude to work with.

csuggs
08-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Jim didn't actually quote me a price on my boat, only gave me a "worst-case" scenario. I understood because there was no way that you could tell the full extent of the damage without pulling the decking and foam out. Unfortunately for me, it was "worst case". They even saved the old stringer materials that they pulled out to show me the extent of the damage. I HIGHLY recommend Viper, Jim is a good dude to work with.

Thanks for the confidence. I have no reservation about him doing the work. And I know, from having my own contruction business for a while that you can't always be sure of what you're getting into until you start the tear-down. So I have no problem with a "ballpark" price at this point.

jasonba1
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey Clint when you bring your boat down stay in touch with me and if you want to stay and go out on the lake you can stay at my place and will take my boat out

csuggs
08-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Clint when you bring your boat down stay in touch with me and if you want to stay and go out on the lake you can stay at my place and will take my boat out

Thanks! - I'll try to remember that. Maybe you can also help me plan a vacation in the near future since you're in Knoxville. We want to stay at a lake somewhere near the Pigeon Forge area so we can play in the lake by day, and go the attractions at Pigeon Forge at night. Maybe next summer . . . .
Where do you usually put your boat in?

jasonba1
08-07-2009, 07:50 PM
defintly let me know I can help you out with all the info youll need for your vacation. I usually put in at concord marina on ft loudon, but I also frequent telico lake which is real close to viper and when I go camp for a weekend I will usually go to norris