PDA

View Full Version : 84 supra in shambles

bones77
08-07-2009, 08:44 PM
hey guys

i received this boat a week ago. it is in terrible shape as you can see from the pix. i am going to completely redo this boat from the stringers to a finished boat. i need your help! i need a wiring diagram, a drawing and measurements for a new rudder with shaft length,( so i can make a new one) and where to get new rub rail and extrusions ( mine are beat up pretty bad ) to start with. i would like to thank you in advance for any and all help anyone could provide me in getting this boat from the graveyard to the river!

jasonba1
08-07-2009, 09:13 PM
the rub rail and all the parts you will need for the boat you will beable to get through viper customs 865-388-4096. dont see the pic of your boat though try to repost so we can get a look at it

bones77
08-07-2009, 10:06 PM
thanks man, the pics are on my profile in a album. i am new to this whole forum/internet/pics. kind of doing my best right now, but in time i will get instructions and such. be patient with me as i am learning.
does viper customs have a website?

jasonba1
08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
its under construction it basically just has some contact info. Just give Jim a call ind he will be able to take care of you make sure you say you saw it on here to get the best deal

jasonba1
08-07-2009, 10:55 PM
just saw your album looks like a lot of work but great boat youll love it when you are done. Jim at viper carries lots and lots of older model surpa parts plus he use to work for supra so he can answers alot of your questions if you have any. Loved all your photos keep us all updated and welcome to the forum

bones77
08-08-2009, 08:52 AM
thanks again, i am going to split the hulls on tues night i think. whenever i do or get anything done to the boat i will take and post pix. as i am also writing how much time and how much money i spend each step of the way.

jasonba1
08-08-2009, 03:05 PM
thats awesome like how your getting a running log. I am sure that will help alot of people in the future

chautauquasun
08-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey bones...I too have an 84 rider that I have been working on. Mine also needs a lot of work but its getting there. I love the boat....and will love it more once I get it running right. Good luck...I am sure we will be sharing stories and info over the coming year.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
bones saw the pics looks like a challenge but when you are done you will have a brand new boat and also have saved many thousands of dollars. The hull shape is really great on my 87 I really like it. Will be watching!

bones77
08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
thanks for all of your support guys, its tough since i cant get it done right now,, i want it finished and in the water for good times!!!