PDA

View Full Version : Swim deck weight limit

Fman
08-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Anyone know how much weight the swim deck will safely hold? I sent a message to skiers choice a couple weeks ago and have not even recieved any type of feedback. I checked the manual and there are no specs on how much the max. weight should be on the swimdeck.

Thanks.

FoiltechLaunch21V
08-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Get 87SunsportMikeyD to contact them they answer him First time every time!!!! LOL

beast 496
08-10-2009, 10:32 PM
do not put any pwc's on it

wotan2525
08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I've put my Kawi 550 back there. Probably not the best idea but it got me thinking that I don't have any problem having 400-500lbs of people standing back there. My ski is a lot lighter than that.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-11-2009, 11:48 AM
What year/model is your boat fman?

jonyb
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I sent a message to skiers choice a couple weeks ago and have not even recieved any type of feedback.

Get 87SunsportMikeyD to contact them they answer him First time every time!!!! LOL

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Ask your dealer, if they actually deal with people after the sale. Skier's Choice doesn't know what customer service is.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Tell me the model and I will get your answer in one minute flat.

Salty87
08-12-2009, 02:05 PM
i know what you're thinking. you're not sure if there's 4 or 500 hundred pounds on the platform...

well to tell you the truth i kinda lost count myself in all this excitement. but being this is a supra inboard ski boat, the most powerful ski boat on the market and would rip your arms clean out of the sockets, you've got to ask yourself one question:

do i feel lucky? well, do ya punk?

something like that....i've had more than a few on my platform. i also remember hearing of people's platforms falling off. i think it's hit or miss unless you've put some backing plates on the transom yourself. otherwise, it depends on whether the dealer hit the mark when they installed it.

jonyb
08-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Tell me the model and I will get your answer in one minute flat.

Edit: 5 hours later :D

jonyb
08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
something like that....i've had more than a few on my platform. i also remember hearing of people's platforms falling off. i think it's hit or miss unless you've put some backing plates on the transom yourself. otherwise, it depends on whether the dealer hit the mark when they installed it.

I clearly remember the guy here with a new boat and the screws holding the mounting brackets pulled straight out of the hull. That's a fault of the manufacturer, not the dealer.

Fman
08-12-2009, 06:40 PM
What year/model is your boat fman?

2008 Sunsport 22V

Fman
08-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I clearly remember the guy here with a new boat and the screws holding the mounting brackets pulled straight out of the hull. That's a fault of the manufacturer, not the dealer.

I have had no problems yet, but I have had it loaded with a couple big guys, probably easily 500 lbs of weight. It would be nice to know what they recommend for limits.

jonyb
08-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Definitely a good point.

Salty87
08-13-2009, 09:10 AM

you know that for sure? i thought i remembered someone saying the dealer installed the platforms.

jonyb
08-13-2009, 12:22 PM
My boat had the platform installed at the factory.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
I called and talked to Roger Lowry who looked up the model and said platform and transom are all fiberglass, there are backing plates laminated into the fiberglass to support the platform. He is going to look for specific documentation or an actual weight limit and email me. Again, first ring, talked to two live people.

Fman
08-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I called and talked to Roger Lowry who looked up the model and said platform and transom are all fiberglass, there are backing plates laminated into the fiberglass to support the platform. He is going to look for specific documentation or an actual weight limit and email me. Again, first ring, talked to two live people.

Thanks for checking on this, it would be a bummer to break it off because of excess weight. I would think they would put this is in the owners manual, because of the obvious safety issues.

jonyb
08-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Again, first ring, talked to two live people.

You obviously didn't call and say "customer service please", because you'd still be waiting. At least that's the experience that I have with them.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
When you call you get a prompt to press 218 (I believe) for customer service. Every single time I have called Anthony has answered first ring.

Today (the very next day after calling) I received an email back from Roger. He says he spoke with engineering and the max weight limit should be around 500 pounds.

..........well?????

Sluggo
08-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Did Roger say or was the question specific to the 08 SunSport or all fiberglass swim platforms with three mounting brackets?

87SunSportMikeyD
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
He asked him about a 2008 SunSport 22V but I would think it is pretty much the same. Same transom, same platform, same resin. Shoot him an email at [email protected]

jonyb
08-14-2009, 04:14 PM
When you call you get a prompt to press 218 (I believe) for customer service. Every single time I have called Anthony has answered first ring.

Today (the very next day after calling) I received an email back from Roger. He says he spoke with engineering and the max weight limit should be around 500 pounds.

..........well?????

Very good then. Now tell them they need to monitor this site, since Skier's Choice does own it.

Fman
08-14-2009, 10:48 PM

..........well?????

Thanks for the information, appreciate you checking on this....

FoiltechLaunch21V
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Personally I would back out one of the fasteners holding the so called mounting plate (which I found both in the bottom of the hull of my boat)

Mine were self-tapping screws!! Not through bolts with nuts and washers. So good luck putting a lot of weight on the platform. The way mine was mounted was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonyb
08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
That's the way they're all mounted Foiltech... Don't know what year they started that, but there are no bolts anywhere in the boat, it's all self-tapping. That's why all my crap on my boat is falling apart, and that's also why swim platforms are falling off.

Supra-Steve
08-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I might be one of the guys from quite some time ago complaining about my swim platform coming off. I'm still to this day having issues w/ the platform. I've brought it to the dealers attention and since my boat is out of warranty, all they can do is say sorry. I had this "fixed" once when it was under warranty and its honestly never been right(prior to and after). When I'm on other boats w/ swim decks, theirs feels so much more sturdy and solid. Even people whom come out w/ me say man your swim platform feels like it's way loose. IDK what i gotta do to get it fixed and feel alot for sturdy but I dreed the day the platform falls off!!