PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio

jflock2
02-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I was thinking about adding satellite radio to my SSV this month...any recommendations, comments, etc.?

mygreenmonster.com
02-10-2004, 12:25 PM
I have heard nothing but good reviews on satellite radio. Every channel is crystal clear anywhere in the U.S. The cost for the service is about 15 dollars. If that is what you want, you can't go wrong with it. I recommend the Kenwood version. The other service is about 10 dollars a month but has less channels from what I hear.

Let me know what you decide to do and how you like it.

surveysays
02-10-2004, 03:18 PM
We had it on our last boat and didn't use it that much. It is a nice convenience, but we listened to CDs much more often. When we bought our new boat (03 Launch SS), we decided to not go with the sat. radio this time around.

-Dan

jflock2
02-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up getting a Kenwood Sirius unit. I hope to install it this weekend, which means I will have an extra CD Player. Anyone interested in buying it, let me know.

It's a Kenwood KDC 2019V CD Receiver (50 x 4 max power, removeable face w/case, and front & rear pre outs) I also will throw in a swim platform remote.

jflock2
03-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Dan, What kind of antenna did you use for your satellite radio? I'm looking for something that could possibly mount to the tower before I have to drill a hole in the fiberglass.

DCM
03-15-2004, 12:44 AM
We had it in the boat last year and this year I'm going to get it again. This time instead of getting the mounted version I'm getting the here2anywhere kit with the FM modulator. This way I can install a modulator in the truck as well and move the Sat unit back and forth as needed. I love it, between that and the indash MP3 player, who needs the AM/FM radio! Oh, back to the point, they make a magnetic antenna that fits the car/boat kit for the Here2anywhere unit, not sure if it will work on the hardwired unit or not.

surveysays
03-15-2004, 01:10 AM
We used the regular car-type antenna, the one you see on most cars. It looks like this http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=tertrksr20s&store=&catid=339 but if you were going to put it on the tower, you could probably use this type: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=tersir4clip&store=&catid=339

-Dan

jflock2
03-24-2004, 02:37 PM
surveysays, where did you mount the car-type antenna?