PDA

View Full Version : 05 22SSV Rear Ballast Pump Location?

btizzle
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
How easy is it to access the rear ballasts pumps? I am trying to lengthen the hoses from the source, but I can not find them anywhere.. lol.. Does the engine have to be pulled to replace these pumps or what??

Fman
08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
How easy is it to access the rear ballasts pumps? I am trying to lengthen the hoses from the source, but I can not find them anywhere.. lol.. Does the engine have to be pulled to replace these pumps or what??

On my '08 22V Sunsport, you have to remove the rear side panel to gain access to the pumps. Once you do this you should be able to get into that area and pull it out. Another option is to buy a 3/4" double male barbed fitting to extend the line close to the rear side panel. Its much easier than removing the entire line. You can get the barbed fittings at your local hardware store, make sure and throw a hose clamp on it and you will be good to go.

btizzle
08-10-2009, 08:49 PM
hmmm... yeah, it looks like they go further up than that.. I started to remove it when I realized that getting a double male fitting would be MUCH easier.. where can I get those nifty crimped hose clamps that come stock on the hose? Im afraid that a regular old hose clamp might poke a hole in the bag.

btizzle
08-10-2009, 08:58 PM
ok, so after taking a deeper look, I found the pumps, but they are WAY forward in the engine compartment!! How would I get under there? I havent removed the rear seat yet. Is it possible to access them from there?? I can not imagine that you would have to pull the engine to fix those pumps.. No way.

ngavchris
08-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Just pull the engine..... We don't fix boats, we just sell them LOL

btizzle
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Just pull the engine..... We don't fix boats, we just sell them LOL

i hear you there.. lol..

anybody else know how to access these things?

tg0824SSVGG
08-10-2009, 10:47 PM
in my 08 24SSV, under the rear seat is a removable cover that allows me to get to
the pumps. IT's a small plastic tray that comes out of the center of the seat, but don't know
about the 22' boat.