PDA

View Full Version : My season could be over!

denwbaseball
08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Well there is good and bad news. The good news is my company is one of a few that isn't making layoffs and my season isn't over cause of more boat problems. But it seems like as soon as next week my company could be shipping me down to St. Croix in the USVI for 3 months. I've been down there for work several times but always winter and usually only 6 weeks at a time (12 weeks is going to be tough on me and my wife!). Feel sorry for me that I didn't get much use out of my boat this season.....but not to sorry cause I'll be in the carribean! Anyone ever been there?

tg0824SSVGG
08-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Not to St Croix, but to St Thomas.

I doubt you will get a TON of sympathy for HAVING to go to the Carribean ...
(unless it was Haiti or something!).

mapleleaf
08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
All I need to know is where the boat is and I'll make sure she's purring when you get back!!!!!
Sorry to hear you've got to leave home for 12 weeks, I did 5 last Oct. and it wasn't easy, but as Todd was saying.....it is the Carribean, all I got was Vancouver (no offence intended!)

Salty87
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Anyone ever been there?

tough break. your wife is the one missing out. st croix is beautiful. i've been there, you'll love it though it might be a bit sweltering compared to what you're accustomed to up there. i'd go back anytime.

what kind of work do you do?...i'd like to get a job that sends me there, lol

denwbaseball
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Yea, I've been to St. Croix a ton and I love it there...just sucks that I just got the boat running good and now its over. But I work for an environmental contractor that tests for "fugitive emissions" and chemical plants and oil refineries.

denwbaseball
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Where did u stay while you were there? I've stayed at Southgate Farms which is rite next to Cheese Burgers on the East end. I've also stayed at St.C condos mid island just west of Christiansted. South Gate is much much better though!!! What did you do while you there?

Salty87
08-12-2009, 09:56 AM
i've only been twice, both times we stayed at rented houses. actually the first time was a really long time ago and we stayed with the refinery manager's family at his house. that was fricking nice! the second time was a rented house on the beach, don't remember exactly where it was though.

we did mostly touristy kind of stuff....rain forest, rum distillery, golf, snorkeling, day trips to buck island, eating, drinking, sunning.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Damn Dennis it's tough to catch a break in the midwest isn't it? Summer is so short. Is there any way you can just drive the boat there? :)

csuggs
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Take the Boat with You:rolleyes:!