PDA

View Full Version : After 5Hrs of Driving

turbolicious
08-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey guys, I need advice, I have a supra Comp 1987 351W with a Accel Cap, rotor and Coil, after 5 Hrs the boat seam to be missfirering on & off. I did the plug properlly gap. the Coil was pretty warm to my opinion.

It never does it when cold of bigining of the day only after a long ride or a lot of wakeboarding

Any advice??
Thanks Simon

rludtke
08-15-2009, 11:45 PM
The dialectric material whithin the coil will breakdown from exposure to heat, so that might be the culprite. Also, the ignition cap especially it is older, may have carbon tracks and allow misfireing. Inspect the interior of the cap for tiny black lines, or evidence of arcing. It may need to be replaced, If it's been a while, an ignition tune up may be in order.

turbolicious
08-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok great I will check, it only does it from 3000 ti 4000 RPM, as soon as a let got its fine and some time run fine on and off in this RMP range

chautauquasun
08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Ok great I will check, it only does it from 3000 ti 4000 RPM, as soon as a let got its fine and some time run fine on and off in this RMP range

I was having problems with mine missing periodically and then it got to a point where I couldnt start it at all. I had the coil tested and found it was bad. I replaced the coil and started right up and have not had any missing all summer so I am assuming the new coil corrected it.

turbolicious
08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
I will start with Cap and Rotor, i have send my Dad to a Accel shop, I think it was a ACEL, the guys never say one like that, say the rotor sit really deap, not a recular 351W parts....

Does anyone have a Part number, elses Acel or MSD or others??

turbolicious
08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Ok, My cap and rotor where in good shape.. but I am so picky when it come to motor I just order cap, rotor and coil, wire are in perfect shape, I am suspecting the coil, because it seam to be getting harder to start when hot!!

In Canada everything as to be order, 3 or 4 days id I'am lucky!! :(