PDA

View Full Version : New Interior!!

Curtis
08-16-2009, 06:30 PM
84 Comp

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/CMC_08_photo/ATT1198925.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/CMC_08_photo/IMG01118-20090811-0907.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/CMC_08_photo/IMG01121-20090811-0910.jpg

bones77
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
look great man! how much money did u have in the job?

Curtis
08-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Right around $950..thought that wasn't too bad especially for the work that this guy does...Added more cushion in the seats than before...I was Happy with it for sure!!

mapleleaf
08-16-2009, 07:16 PM
$950??? I got $400 in material in mine so far and I'm doing it myself!! That's some goodlooking work for the money, nice job!
I don't even want to add the hours! I'm happy with it, but a pro would do better... I was quoted between 3800 and 5k, so I'm learning to sew!!!

Curtis
08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
I had to do some searching for someone that could do it for the price that i could afford...One guy quoted, just the captain chair alone for $300!!!! ...He must of thought i wanted Llama skin or cheetah fur put on it for that price who knows LOL??.... The gentleman that fixed me up charged $35 per yard...Yea mapleleaf I hear ya on doing it yourself, I admire that!..but I failed Home EC. haha...Good Luck with your project!!

jasonba1
08-16-2009, 10:04 PM
that is a great deal... I know that viper is not doing interiors cheap but not that cheap ...Your boat looks awesome curtis keep the pics. coming....Mapleleaf the prices you gave are crazy you could send interior to the states and still save money

jasonba1
08-16-2009, 10:05 PM
mapleaf that is awesome you are doing it on your own .... I cant even thread a needle lol

saltare inverts
08-16-2009, 10:31 PM
That looks great. I love the stripes off center, like racing stripes. I have over 700 hundred in mine, and Im doing it myself also. You got a great deal. I had to rebuild all wood etc. I am jealous.

mapleleaf
08-16-2009, 11:00 PM
I feel like I should'a gone to Missouri and set up my machine...We could've had a sew off, I forgot about all the marine ply, I had it sit'in around and a buddy gave me the rest, that stuff's not cheap!!! So far the wood's been the fun part, I am the proud new owner of a 23 gauge upholstery air stapler and am ordering staples from California??
Pic's to come, I keep running out of foam and cringe every time I go back and get more($$$$$$) I keep hoping some of it will be reusable...

Curtis
08-17-2009, 12:47 AM
As you prolly have noticed, the dash is still original with the blue and white, even though it doesnt match, kindof got the whole patriotic scheme going on..just a matter of removing gauges and wheel, something ill get done this winter im sure.

mapleleaf
08-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Couldn't help but notice the wakesurf in one of you r pic's, have you managed to set up a decent wake behind your boat for surfing? If so how much ballast and where are you putting it???
By the way, your dash is cool, kind of a throw back to the boats origin.....

techsledder
08-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Wow, that is gorgeous work for the $$! The boat looks great!

Curtis
08-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Yea bought the board to play around with and honestly have not yet been able to set up the boat for ballast or a good wake to surf behind (just about a perfect wake for wakeboarding/skating though)..Depending on how many people i have in the boat the wake still has alot of wash behind it at around 11-12mph..When my upholstry was being redone i put in my wrap around fatsack to create more wieght (2-300 lbs.) plus a place to sit, but being a comp i am limited to how much weight i can add to the boat since it already has a low profile....I do have a pic of a buddy on the board and i will put up for you to see what kind of wash im dealing with...That particular day only had one other in the boat, and obviously is not enough added weight to surf..Enjoy! and I appreciate everyones awesome comments!! Thanks

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/CMC_08_photo/P6180053.jpg

bones77
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
wow that is a good deal curtis! i def dont blame maple, i would do it myself if i had to pay that much too!! cant sew either. i can weld and fab and thats about it. metals are my game. keep the pics coming. when i get mine done i will let u guys know what i got in it. going to be a bit. going to do the stringers first and the floor.

mapleleaf
08-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks Curtis that pic is exactly what I'm dealing with.....it gets a little scary putting as much weight as needed in the back corner to make a surf wake, A buddy recommended that I turn slightly to the left while weighting that corner and that may help, haven't tried it yet. I think the key with a comp is to have either gunnel , depending on the stance of the surfer, with 3 or 4 guys sitting on it and maybe a 400-750 sac on the floor with them, maybe even somebody up on the rope locker?? I'm happy with my wake for boarding and even happier for skating, next year will be my fine tuning everything else year!, This year my boat runs and floats!!!!

chautauquasun
08-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Nice job on the interior it looks great and gives me some ideas for mine. I didnt realize that the made the comps with the seat on the engine cover. Is that original? I have the same set up on my rider.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Curtis have you tried putting the weight all in one corner? That is what I would suggest.

Curtis
08-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Nice job on the interior it looks great and gives me some ideas for mine. I didnt realize that the made the comps with the seat on the engine cover. Is that original? I have the same set up on my rider.

Glad I could help..Yea originally the comp is a "ski" boat, for slalom skiing or whatever and the seat is original, maybe where a spotter can sit, if the rope is attached to the rear of the boat.

Mikey, I havent just weighted one side down, usually the weight is in each corner of the back of the boat..am considering a couple seperate fat sacs to place where they are needed, maybe something around 400lbs. each, any suggestions of good sacks to look for?

Apprec. it Guys!

87SunSportMikeyD
08-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Fly High ProX sacs are the only way to go IMO. Yep youa re right on the money I would pick up a pair or 400lb sacs they are labled as 'v-drive sacs' on waterskis.com or wakemakers.com.

With those two you could place weight perfectly on either side of the motor box for boarding, or stack 'em / rearrange 'em for surfing.

Or you could do what I did and get the 'ski locker sac' which is 350lbs and longer and skinnier. Then put that in your rear ski locker and/or one under your rear bench seat. Then you have no sacs on the floor unless you are surfing then you would want to add a sac on the floor, which is also what I do.

For surfing you definitly want to weight just one corner. When the boat lists or leans to one side that makes the crisp clean wave. Judging by your pic above you should have no problem surfing it!!

ronts6m
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Can you provide the Contact Info for the person that did your interior?

Thanks

Ron

Fman
09-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Your boat is looking great, I like the old school Supras... they have a great classy look to them. Looks like you are enjoying it!