PDA

View Full Version : Great Weekend!

csuggs
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow - now I have to spend the rest of the week recovering. Spent 15-hours on the water this weekend (10 Saturday, 5 Sunday). Saturday we had My Sunsport, another 87 Comp, and an 06 Malibu set-up for wakeboarding. Got to drive the Malibu - 23' V-drive w/tower and ballast! Very cool! Put the barefoot boom on the Comp (no, I did not try that!) - and one out of the seven kids that tried it actually did it! Got out the old trick skis :D My 15-year-old son nearly landed a front-roll on the wakeboard bedind my boat. Wakeboarded double behind my boat. Saw a newer Launch on the river and an old Saltair that I had never seen before - Good looking boats. Met someone and admired their 1985 big-block Supra Rider (black) that they bought new, then they had stringers replaced recently in Maryville (I think Jim Jackson must have done it - which is where my boat is going in November). Boat ran flawlessly. And did I mention that I'm really sore today!!!

What more could a man want???? I'm HAPPY!!!!!

saltare inverts
08-17-2009, 04:11 PM
What alot of fun. Thanks for sharing. Those are the reasons we have boats, new or old. Are you sore?

csuggs
08-17-2009, 04:18 PM
SORELY sore! But I'll get over it. The Saltair I saw red like yours - looked like a nice ride. I didn't get to talk to the guy because both times I saw him he was towing and didn't stop. That's ok though, now I know to look for him! As sore as I am, I can't wait to get back at it!

chautauquasun
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Clint...glad to hear you had a great weekend. I feel like I finally turned the corner with mine with the new starter installed. We also had a great weekend. My 11 year old son got up on skiis with no problem for the first time and I skiied on one again. Yeah I hear you on being sore. My boat finally seems to be mechanically where i need it. I too am having the stingers and floor done on mine this winter.

I saw a black or Navy Saltare and was checking it out. I never really realized how much bigger those boats are compared to the Sunsports and Riders. THe playpen is huge! Very nice boat and more ideas on what I want to do with mine.

mapleleaf
08-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Sounds like A REALLY GOOD WEEKEND, try holding both arms over your head for 2 minutes!!! LOL Thanks for sharing, I had to spend the weekend on the interior, it's coming along though, can't wat til it's done......
Nice work on the doubles and the multiple tube towing this summer, I think that's one of the things I like most about these boat's, it's like unlimited towing power, too much fun to be had!!!!!!

Curtis
08-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Yea Im with ya on being SORE!! had a long weekend of island camping with some Good company on Lake Ouachita, had glassy water, Cold beer and great unseasonably cooler weather around 88 deg. in the low 70's at night!! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and keep on progressing!!

csuggs
08-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Yep, the summer is winding down so everybody enjoy what you've got left. My weekends get a little complicated once school starts because of all the different activities that my boys are involved in. We deliver my oldest to Morgantown on Friday so he can attend college at WVU. That leaves two more at home.
Heading to Summersville Lake this Saturday with some friends. It's the "scuba paradise of the east" because of the clear water, rock cliffs, and underwater rock formations - can't wait to be there! I'll try to take some pics and post them next week.

chautauquasun
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Yep, the summer is winding down so everybody enjoy what you've got left. My weekends get a little complicated once school starts because of all the different activities that my boys are involved in. We deliver my oldest to Morgantown on Friday so he can attend college at WVU. That leaves two more at home.
Heading to Summersville Lake this Saturday with some friends. It's the "scuba paradise of the east" because of the clear water, rock cliffs, and underwater rock formations - can't wait to be there! I'll try to take some pics and post them next week.

Nice!!!!! Lets Go Mountaineers!

jasonba1
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
sounds like the perfect weekend to me....I know all about sore got a concussion and 3 brusied ribs from boarding last week, Im to old for this stuff but im stupid enough to keep doing it lol

87SunSportMikeyD
08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Tell me you got pictures of the Supras next to each other ahhhhh it is like a dream! Nothing but old school SunSports and Saltares all rigged up for boarding. I am gonna get pics of my buddys 91 Ski next to the SunSport for fun.