PDA

View Full Version : Good Skiers Choice Contacts?

Fman
08-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Anyone here know of any good skiers choice contacts? for general questions, warranty issues, etc... if you could post up there email address(s) I would appreciate it.

Thanks...

87SunSportMikeyD
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I called SC today and asked about the Supra forums and if the company will have a contact person we can go to. He said Matt Brown or [email protected] will be taking over for Nataly for now and said he is available for any need on these forums. Please email him if you need to get his attention as they don't browse message boards, they build boats!

Finally I brought up the topic of unhappy customers posting their dealer/mfg issues and how to get help for them. The first thing he said was 'who is the dealer??'. I said I would gladly send a couple of links to peoples posts. He said for me and ANYONE who has issues to either email [email protected] or call and directly ask for the customer service manager.

From my previous post. Can someone please sticky this?

Fman
08-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Sent a message already to Rloucks and have heard nothing back from him. This was a couple days ago, hopefully he wll return my email soon.

jonyb
08-20-2009, 03:53 PM
they don't browse message boards, they build boats!

I guess they don't sell t-shirts from their website, or do any type of marketing, since their too busy building boats....

In you're eyes, that's all they do, they build boats. If they had any type of customer service cares, they'd stay on top of the forums, the dealers, and any other public relation to keep their product in good standing and back it up 100%.

You don't own a new boat, so you don't understand the frustrations of the crappy product that they put out.

I know a particular manufacturer that browses all of the forums: wakeworld, malibucrew, wakeboarder, mastercraft team talk, and a few others. They have no obligation to be there as they build a product, but they're on those forums for customer service: That means to answer questions, cater to potential customers, and just be there for anyone that considers their product.

You're an idiot to think that browsing web forums isn't worth Skier's Choice's time.

cptsupra
08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I can hear the other manufacturer's sighs of relief now that you didn't buy their boat.

Actually, anyone that has followed any of your overly generalized and obviously vindictive postings don't place any stock in your opinion.

I am sorry for you that the dealer you purchased from hasn't/isn't stepping up.

Somehow, after my experience with my dealer and the one occasion that I requested SC tech support when I installed PP in my 2007 Moomba, I don't really believe the whole story leading up to your vendetta playing out on this and other forums.

I have been turned off to this forum and WW just on the predictability that has become certain on which threads you find the opportunity to continue bashing.

And lastly, for bashing a true quality contributor to this site, which is and has historically much more frequented by the hardcore enthusiasts, you have stooped to a low that really takes some effort.

Hope you are eventually able to sell your boat and take this crap somewhere else.

michael hunter
08-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Jonyb
We let you rant because you must vent somewhere but you have destroyed any credibility you had. You are preaching smack to an audience that is mostly satisfied and happy with their boats. We all know how you feel about SC. They will not respond on this forum and I dont want them to. Keep one thing in mind you would never get away with your remarks on the company controlled forums. If you have a problem why not post it and let us help you with it. If you think things will change with a different brand you have a big surprise coming.
Why not try adding something to this forum insted or tearing it down. Sometimes life just sucks Get Over It.

bones77
08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
jonyb WTF!!!!!! i am new to this forum and i think its great! everyone on here has been very helpful with any questions or info needed. your negativity is seriously not needed here or anywhere else for that matter! sorry you dont like your boat! it s not our fault that u bought it or that is has so many problems! there is no reason for you to bash this forum or people involved with it. if u have nothing nice or good to post, then please dont bother! i am sure that no one here will miss your lip!!!!!!

mapleleaf
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I've only been here a year, but my experience here has been a great one. No I don't own a new Supra , so understanding Jony's issues is out of my reach. I did have warranty issues with my Tundra, that should've been repaired free and weren't. I fixed ém and got over it. It cost me 45K.
I was a supporter of your seeming attention to detail in everything you discuss, it feels good to have a a genuine craftsman commenting and helping on subjects in his profession.
As of late this has not happened, and continuing to read the same complaint's over and over is annoying, I hate to be harsh, because I think having a place to vent is important, but your boat isn't new anymore and things need to be fixed. Start helping and giving the good advice that you have so this forum can do what it's best at.....
The other thing that has made me pipe up is your bashing of other member's here, Unless I can't read, there was someone trying to help your communication with SC and that apparently makes them an idiot, Uncalled for.....

jonyb
08-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Sorry guys, I'd like to get over this, but once I fix something, then something else breaks. I tried to have a good day out last weekend, but guess what? More ballast problems that couldn't be fixed on the water....

Saying these things about other boats on their forums would get me banned, and that only covers up the truth's behind what they put out. Yes, I know all boats have their problems. My Baja had it's share of issues but my dealer stepped up and fixed those issues. I gave up on my dealer a long time ago, but I just want to make sure that people know that this kind of stuff DOES HAPPEN, whether you people want to admit it or not.

Don't like it, I'm sorry. Maybe if SC paid more attention 2 years ago things would be different.

jonyb
08-21-2009, 12:43 AM
As of late this has not happened, and continuing to read the same complaint's over and over is annoying, I hate to be harsh, because I think having a place to vent is important, but your boat isn't new anymore and things need to be fixed. Start helping and giving the good advice that you have so this forum can do what it's best at.....
The other thing that has made me pipe up is your bashing of other member's here, Unless I can't read, there was someone trying to help your communication with SC and that apparently makes them an idiot, Uncalled for.....

As of late, it has not happened because the only discussion is about the older boats, in which I have no experience. I've owned 4 boats in the past. The other 3 didn't need work after every trip to the lake like this 2-year old boat does. They were built right, and lasted. Yes, I sound like a broken record, because it's all in response to someone else's posts. I'm not starting new threads daily griping about something, I'm just backing up things that have already been said.

And what I said about the other guy, that's been coming. It stems from other threads where this person seems to think he's the most clever one on here and know's all the answers. "They build boats, not browse forums". I don't care who anyone is, I think they're an idiot if they don't think that the manufacturer should support their own boat, ON THEIR OWN FORUM! It's called Customer Service, and it comes in many different forms. Helping on the internet is one of them. How many times have you been on a manufacturer's website and asked a question? I guess SC should'nt do this. How hard is it for you guys to understand that? When I first started having all my dealer problems, I came here. I got nothing. I called SC only to get unreturned voicemails. So there it is, I'm left with no support from anyone. You haven't walked in my shoes with this boat, so you, nor anyone else here, can understand my attitude towards SC and their poor service they've offered me. After that point, I had given up. I feel like I have to keep saying this because you guys think I should just "get over it". I'd like to, trust me. I hate it more than you do, but then again, I still have to deal with it on every trip to the lake. I haven't mentioned "every single problem" I've had. That's why it seems so minor to you guys.

Bones, yeah the forum is great. Other members here offer their support, just as I do when I have the answer to a question. But don't expect any service from the company that this forum is about. That's all that I'm trying to get you people to understand.

Michael, the problems I have don't require technical support. None of them are worth towing my boat through the mountains on a 6-hour journey. If it comes to that, I will, just as I did when Boatmate stepped up to rebuild my trailer. Let's not forget how SC blew me off when I walked in thier front door.You'd think that when you've got your boat in the parking lot, and your 6 hours from home, they'd take a couple minutes to talk. Not the case. Jasonba1 was there if anyone wants to verify this.

cptsupra, I haven't posted anything about SC on ww in at least a few months. I've barely posted on there at all. You had 1 occasion that you needed something, and your dealer supported you. I'm sorry you don't believe any of the garbage I talk about on here, but why would I make these things up? I'm gonna guess that you didn't spend as much money on your 2007 Supra because it didn't have PP on it from the factory. I'm not bashing, just assuming. If I spent half the money on my boat that I did, some of these minor things would just be overlooked and written off. That's not the case, I bought SC's flagship model for the 2007 year. I expected a lot more quality then I got. You just have to understand that not everyone has a good dealer. That can make or break a brand. I drove 2 hours further from the other dealers to get mine. I went that extra distance, but that was the first mistake.

Fman
08-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Sorry guys, I'd like to get over this, but once I fix something, then something else breaks. I tried to have a good day out last weekend, but guess what? More ballast problems that couldn't be fixed on the water....

Dont want to throw salt in the wound, but I am curious as to what happened with your ballast system?

And, I agree with John, it would be nice to have someone from SC on this site to help answer questions or just log in and say hello. Maybe someday it will happen. People can have problems with there boats and get good customer service which makes it much less of a problem.

As I have mentioned many times, I really enjoy my Supra, but the ballast system on this boat was terrible. I say was, because I had to spend $450 and re-do it to make it work like it should have off the factory line. The swivel racks were also terrible, but Roswell stepped up and replaced them for free with a much better set up. I am much happier with my boat with these upgrades, however, a little disappointed I had to spend $450 extra and a day of my time, to get it to this level.

As much as John has posted complaints about his boat, you also have to have some sympathy for the guy who spent $65k on a boat, and only expected everything to work and function properly. And apparently, has recieved poor customer service from SC and his dealers which only makes it worse. If I were in his shoes, I would be disappointed as well.

Maybe if someone from SC was on this site they could help John out and take care of his issues he has been having with his boat. Or at least be aware that they are happening.

jonyb
08-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Don't know what's wrong with the ballast fman. I couldn't get the port side to fill, and the starboard side didn't really want to dump. The center didn't want to dump very fast on top of all that. I swapped out the center dump pump not long ago because it kept getting carpet strands in it (when this would happen, 1100# of water had to be dumped through the bilge). The new pump is more gph, but slower to operate. As for the rear, I don't know yet. I'll have to take the boat down to the river one day since it's only a few miles from the house, and try to work on it there. That's just something else I don't have time to do. I have a full-time job, a business to run on the side from the full-time job, then a home life that includes a wife and 10-month old kid.

cptsupra
08-21-2009, 04:07 AM
Actually, if you read the post it was a 2007 Moomba. I have a 2008 Supra 21V and looking to upgrade to the 2010 when it comes out. I only had one occassion when I called SC for tech support and must have been lucky and gotten right through. On the other several occassions where I called them with questions about accessory upgrades, I was answered immediately each time.

There were several issues on both boats that were addressed same day by the dealer. I agree that the dealer makes the product. On the 2007 Moomba there was some sort of gluish debree in the tank that kept clogging the fuel filter. It would only affect the boat under load and the dealer was at my house with the parts taking me skiing in order to reproduce the problem. Everything that has broke on my 21V has been waranteed out with no questions. POS board racks were replaced and upgraded to the Titan Swivels with no charge.

I am not sure what has changed with SC since I deployed, but I distinctly remember Rick Tinker frequenting this board (before the format change) and WW. I would still like to see that interaction, but if I remember correctly, he would listen to the problem and give the customer the name and number of either Anthony at SC or another guy that I can't recall at Indmar.

jonyb
08-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Rick did reply to one of my posts on WW, which happened to be the last post that I made about my experience with SC there.

I said the 2007 Moomba, because that's what you wrote in your thread.

Like I said, dealers make a big difference. I run my business the same way your dealer does. If one of my customers is out on the lake and has trouble with my install in his boat, I stop what I'm doing if I'm out on the lake that day, to fix his problems, even though it's a stereo and not a boat motor. That's how service should be.

cptsupra
08-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Right, I said 2007 Moomba in my original post. Then you said, "I'm gonna guess that you didn't spend as much money on your 2007 Supra because it didn't have PP on it from the factory."

Actually, I think all 2007 Supras came with perfect pass.

In 2007, I didn't have the disposable savings to pay 50% of the down payment on a Supra, so I chose the responsible route of something I could afford. Even if that boat would have been a lemon, like you have been dealt, I could have sold it for a huge loss but still been able to pay it off. Turns out it wasn't a lemon and I sold it for 500 dollars less plus perfect pass, one year and 180 hours later.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-21-2009, 12:28 PM
"And what I said about the other guy, that's been coming. It stems from other threads where this person seems to think he's the most clever one on here and know's all the answers. "

Wow so now you are going to be a jerk to me personally? You complain all day but never pick up the phone to talk to a live person. If no one from Supra is on the forum hearing you complain, how is it helping? Just because you complain they aren't here, that doesn't help at all either. You have to call them, and work with them in a manner that they will hear your problems and help you.

I certainly didn't call Skiers Choice and ask for contacts for myself. I get all the help I need - ANY TIME I PICK UP THE FREAKING PHONE and call them.

chautauquasun
08-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Don't normally weigh in on these issue but felt the first and second shots at Mikey are not called for. I too own a older boat and can't imagine having the money you have tied up in it and the same problems. However to take shots at members on here out of frustration really doesn't help you or anyone else for that matter. Mikey is extremely knowledgeable about the boats on here, the maintenance required to keep them running, and wakeboarding. He has been a huge help to me and glad he is here and is extremely active. thanks Mikey!!

I am sure you have heard the old saying...you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar. I have had bad customer service experiences in the past and it is easy for me to blow my lid...however as I have gotten older I have figured I can blow my lid and I still dont get what I want. If you want the problem solved you have to make it happen. Simply calling them and leaving messages or posting messages isnt going to cut it. Showing up on the MFGs door step isnt going to work either. Showing up at your dealers doorstep is a better approach. You have to manage the process. It sucks to have spent that much money and have the problems...but whether you own a Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, SUPRA, Malibu...you have to make it happen if you want it to get done. I would recommend you try and repair your relationship with your dealer and then build it up. That is the only way you are going to get any satisfaction. Yeah is sucks to have to eat crow and go back.....but I would rather eat some crow and enjoy my $65,000 Supra than not.

Sorry...just my 2 cents. You can label as a know it all jerk too if you want.

jonyb
08-21-2009, 02:22 PM
You complain all day but never pick up the phone to talk to a live person. If no one from Supra is on the forum hearing you complain, how is it helping? Just because you complain they aren't here, that doesn't help at all either. You have to call them, and work with them in a manner that they will hear your problems and help you.

I certainly didn't call Skiers Choice and ask for contacts for myself. I get all the help I need - ANY TIME I PICK UP THE FREAKING PHONE and call them.

Mikey, you haven't paid attention. I've done that. Repeatedly. I quit doing that a long time ago when it got me nowhere. The dealer AND SC was a dead-end. I quit wasting time with both of them. Never did I call and get a "live person". I got voicemails, and no returned calls.

jonyb
08-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Alright, Mikey, I apologize for calling you an "idiot". I meant to say that loosely and not hatefully. It came from you being right behind me with "I called today and got someone". I guess things there may have changed, I don't know. Like I said I gave up on them after the trip there. You guys say "go back to the dealer and suck up?" Not an option. I'm not eating crow. I bought my boat and thought I had a good relationship. When I left, it was over. I'm pretty easy going on things, but this issue just drug on and got worse over time. I called the dealer a few times with valid issues that turned into more of questions since this was my first wakeboat. I was always calm and easy to talk to, regardless of what you people may think. The bad parts started when they wouldn't return my calls. When I took delivery of the boat, the guide pole covers weren't there. They said they'd ship me a set when they came in. The first few times I called they said they'd get them soon, but I was also calling because I needed parts, such as carpet for my install, and a few others I had going on at the time. The owner and parts guy never would call me back with prices on that stuff, and SC wouldn't even talk to me. They'd say "go to a dealer", but the dealer wouldn't call me back. I ended up finally talking to someone at SC with those problems and they sent the guide pole covers, but that was it. I was told to refer to Indmar for the other issue, which was where the 90* elbow on the exhaust manifold was broken when the boat was rigged. It's taken 2 years to get that part. I had to fix it with Mercruiser parts. The part was damaged enough that it sprayed water all over the engine bay and bottom of the engine cover with rusty water and ruined the carpet and engine cover. When I finally noticed the problem I was about to launch and had opened the hatch to make sure everything was okay. I saw the problem, wiggled it, and it completely broke off. Like I said, I fixed it with Mercruiser parts. I had a picture of the broken piece but can't find it now. They put plastic elbows in the exhaust manifolds that get REALLY hot.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Well I'm sure this thread will be closed soon. When I called Anthony told me that if I could tell them your personal information and who the dealer is, they would go to bat for you and try to get some help from the dealer. It sucks to be told to go to the dealer, but that is what Supra pays them for...

I am not trying to be a 'know it all'. The only reason I come here is because I love wakeboarding and I want to help people and talk shop. I am no boat expert (two years inboard ownership). I am no mechanic. I am not at ALL an expert on new boats. In no way do I think I know everything.

Please just call Skiers Choice one more time. Try what Anthony told me. Let him help you or tell them Anthony told you to ask for the Cust Svce manager.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
You may think I am not helping when I say to call skiers choice or the emails Anthony gave to me. But I think it DOES help.

Just like posts on WW and Wakeboarder for customer service for Liquid Force. CWB posts now a lot which is great, but LF does not. They will still provide great customer service though, if you just call them.

-----
SO after my post a little bit up here, I sent an email to those two addresses. Asking about help on the boards and help for Jonyb. Here is my reply from Rick Tinker himself.

"Michael,

I actually had Reid Claiborne in Customer Service email JohnyB(I hope this is who you are referring to) to see if we could help. Saw his posts this morning. Weird timing. Hopefully we will get some positive juice flowing. Thank you for the heads up!

Rick
(Personal info deleted)"

jonyb
08-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Well I'm sure this thread will be closed soon. When I called Anthony told me that if I could tell them your personal information and who the dealer is, they would go to bat for you and try to get some help from the dealer. It sucks to be told to go to the dealer, but that is what Supra pays them for...

I am not trying to be a 'know it all'. The only reason I come here is because I love wakeboarding and I want to help people and talk shop. I am no boat expert (two years inboard ownership). I am no mechanic. I am not at ALL an expert on new boats. In no way do I think I know everything.

Please just call Skiers Choice one more time. Try what Anthony told me. Let him help you or tell them Anthony told you to ask for the Cust Svce manager.

That's fine. Again, I apologize. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's only because I'm responding to posts here. When it dies, it doesn't come back. It's all just accumulated over a few posts recently. If you look back at WW in the last few months, my posts are positive. I posted about someone's ballast system this morning trying to help. That's the only reason I browse these forums, other than being bored at work mostly. Most of my posts are in the audio related sections, or for sale sections. I admit, I have bashed a little in 1 or 2 posts on wakeworld, but Rick posted there and it stopped on my behalf because he acted like he wanted to help.

Anthony referred me to Knoxville Watersports for future service and parts. I don't mind at all calling them for parts. I've actually called them a few weeks ago to get on the list for the extra fuel pump to resolve the vaporlocking issue. The phone call was left with me to get the hull ID number, and Ive been dragging my feet on that one. The person I talked to there was very helpful, and that was actually posted here in one of the threads. I don't always posts negative things here. It's just that when I'm not at work with idle time, I'm running 100mph at home with either the business or the kid, and the boat things are on the backburner, hence me dragging my feet on getting the info to Knox watersports.

The only problem is that if I need major service, I''ve got a minimum 2.5 hour drive now. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

You may think I am not helping when I say to call skiers choice or the emails Anthony gave to me. But I think it DOES help.

Just like posts on WW and Wakeboarder for customer service for Liquid Force. CWB posts now a lot which is great, but LF does not. They will still provide great customer service though, if you just call them.

-----
SO after my post a little bit up here, I sent an email to those two addresses. Asking about help on the boards and help for Jonyb. Here is my reply from Rick Tinker himself.

"Michael,

I actually had Reid Claiborne in Customer Service email JohnyB(I hope this is who you are referring to) to see if we could help. Saw his posts this morning. Weird timing. Hopefully we will get some positive juice flowing. Thank you for the heads up!

Rick
(Personal info deleted)"

Honestly, there's not much they can do at this point. I think my boat has some issues, but with the history I have so far, I feel like these issues either won't be addressed, or "that's totally normal". I'm referring to how my tower shakes and how the rubber piece between it has come out from under the fiberglass, as mentioned in this or one of the other threads. I don't have time or gas money to drag my boat to a dealer for something like this (minimum 2.5 hours away), so I haven't brought it up. Maybe it is normal? Judging by other posts here, it's not, but since I have the only Supra on KY Lake, I don't know.

I guess in a nutshell I've had a bad experience from the start, and even though most of those issues have been worked out (by myself or are currently being worked out) I just gave up. Calling them may be the answer, but I would only be referred to a dealer. If Mr. Tinker called me personally right now, I wouldn't know what to say or ask for. Seriously, what could they do? They can't fix the past. Maybe I should just make a list and take pictures of everything that I feel still needs work to see if any of this is valid. They are minor to some, like the self-tapping screws in the folding hatches. It's not that the screws came out, but that all of the gelcoat surrounding the area is scratched and destroyed because of the self-tapping screws. That's just one thing in long list of issues that bug me.

They did recommend me to a good dealer and service facility, but I havent needed that at this point. I'll be off work all next week and will hopefully have some time to resolve some of this stuff. I hate spending another whole day working on this boat but I guess that's just what I'm gonna have to do.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Your bad feelings are absolutly valid and you have every right to be upset - no one would deny you that. You also have every right to share these experiences with other potential consumers. As long as there isn't too much 'broken record' or personal stuff I have no problems with it. It bugs me though, I can't post anything now without wondering if someone will chime in with a 'haha yeah right' as evidenced above.

Those who think SkiersChoice should have a presence on this forum I would suggest sending those contacts an email with your sugesstions.

Glad to hear they have at least tried to offer you better help.

jonyb
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I think they're presence here would be great. That was one of my main gripes from the start after I couldn't get help in other places. That would show that they back their product a lot more than some of us here feel that they do. When I said in another post about a manufacturer on all the forums supporting their product (not trying to sell, but offer tech support and suggestions), I wasn't speaking of another boat manufacturer. I deal with this company through my business as well, and that support on forums that they're not required to be on goes a long way in my book.

Fman
08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Don't know what's wrong with the ballast fman. I couldn't get the port side to fill, and the starboard side didn't really want to dump. The center didn't want to dump very fast on top of all that. I swapped out the center dump pump not long ago because it kept getting carpet strands in it (when this would happen, 1100# of water had to be dumped through the bilge). The new pump is more gph, but slower to operate. As for the rear, I don't know yet. I'll have to take the boat down to the river one day since it's only a few miles from the house, and try to work on it there. That's just something else I don't have time to do. I have a full-time job, a business to run on the side from the full-time job, then a home life that includes a wife and 10-month old kid.

I am assuming you are still running the sprinkler valves?

If you ever have a drain problem and your pump is running check for a kink, I had this happen numerous times before I changed out to the kink-free ribbed tubing. Sounds like the port side sprinkler valve is not allowing water to enter the bag, this also happened to me once before.

Not that you want to work on your boat anymore, but not having those sprinkler valves has been the best upgrade to my boat. I hit the fill switch and no problems, also with the bags vented now, they are draining pancake thin. Before the vents I would have 10-15% water left in the bags, now because of the air being eliminated from the bags they are draining much better.

Sorry you had more problems with your boat, if you can get a free day and feel like working on your boat the tsunami ballast upgrade is worth every penny.

jonyb
08-24-2009, 05:47 AM
I know, and I may do that this winter when things slow down a little. I can get my bags pancake thin now. I built some ramps last year from 3/4" MDF so the water would drain out better, instead of me standing on the platform holding the bags so they'd drain. The first time I filled the bags I burped them pretty good, so they get sucked down pretty good. Don't know why it wouldn't drain. I was gonna take the boat to the river this week to work on it, but now my schedule is full, so instead of getting off work Monday at 0700 and being off until 0700 on Friday, I'll be working 12 hours Wednesday, and customer jobs in my shop the other days. That's how things work out for the boat.

chautauquasun
08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I hear ya on spending that much money on a new boat and having problem after problem. It has to be frustrating. I guess the last straw would be to call an attorney. If the boat is still under warranty and you can get any help from the dealer or skiers choice that is your only recourse. Sounds like maybe Skiers Choice is coming around and maybe able to help you....hopefully they will. I hear you on having to have gotten to this point. I hope you get it worked out with them and can start enjoying what should be a really awesome boat.

Fman
08-24-2009, 07:34 PM
I know, and I may do that this winter when things slow down a little. I can get my bags pancake thin now. I built some ramps last year from 3/4" MDF so the water would drain out better, instead of me standing on the platform holding the bags so they'd drain. The first time I filled the bags I burped them pretty good, so they get sucked down pretty good. Don't know why it wouldn't drain. I was gonna take the boat to the river this week to work on it, but now my schedule is full, so instead of getting off work Monday at 0700 and being off until 0700 on Friday, I'll be working 12 hours Wednesday, and customer jobs in my shop the other days. That's how things work out for the boat.

The ramps are a great idea, if you could take some pictures of what they look like I would be very interested in looking at them. I dont have a lot of height left with my 750's in the rear, but I think I could squeeze them in.

jonyb
08-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Next time I take them out I'll snap some pics. I didn't cover them in FG resin so the water has made them warp a little, but I've gotten 2 seasons out of these so I may build new ones this winter.

ssmith
09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
jonyb,

I'm kinda new here but sorry to hear about your troubles. I just wanted to comment on Knoxville Water Sports.... simply stated, THEY ARE AMAZING to work with. I was considering both a Moomba and Supra, so I drove to Knoxville to compare the 2. Well I liked the price of the Moomba but the fit and finish of the Supra. Anyway, Nick at KWS, spent approximately 2 hrs with me and a friend, just talking boats. He even looked up competitors online for us, discussed wake surfing and ballast issues, and tons of other stuff. We mentioned wanting to tour the factory some day and he said to just give him a call and he would personally take us there. Well, we didn't buy a boat that day but the search began. I found a like new 2007 Moomba LSV with 70 hrs and a 2005 Supra 21v Launch. Now the question of which one to buy? My wife wanted to see the 2 side by side to compare, so I figured the easiest way was to take her back to KWS and let her see them. So a week later, Nick was just a helpful as he was the first time. I even told him what I was doing there and showed him both boats online in his office and after talking with him for another 1hr and getting his opinion, I went with the Supra. After talking to Nick about the Supra...he said, "I know that boat" , I couldn't believe that was possible. However, he threw out a name and I sent a text to the guy I was about to buy it from and asked the previous owners name and sure enough it was the same name. So, Nick was able to pull all of the service records for the boat and give me the boats history. That was the icing on the cake for me. I've since called KWS and they are always super helpful. I do ask for Nick but the lady (Kim or Karen ...I think) is also very helpful and knowledgable. Oh, and the friend I made the first trip with, ended up buying the LSV I had found and loves it. The rubber on the board racks was coming off and one strip was missing entirely. He called KWS and they just swapped him out with some new ones. Great service and we didn't even buy the boats from them but I will be giving them all of my business from this point on.

Sorry to bore you but KWS is an AWESOME DEALERSHIP, imo.

jasonba1
09-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I know nick kim and bill the owner at KWS and they are great great people , if all the supra dealers were like them you wouldnt see upset customers like jon, which I now know him as well and his concerns are legit for sure becasue I was there first hand for one of them and I was suprised by the answers Jon got .. Not only that but Nick at KWS can absolutley kill it on a wakeboard.

jasonba1
09-20-2009, 12:10 AM
If someone is looking for a new supra or moomba I would defintly give Knoxville Watersports a call

jonyb
09-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I wish all dealers were like that. If they were, Moomba and Supra would be at the head of the pack for boat sales....