PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and Supra Boats

SupraTamu
08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I am new to the site and bought my first supra at the end of May. I bought a new 2008 24' SSV Gravity launch addition. I converted over from Baja's. Really missed the water skiing and wake boarding. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to go out on the boat except once this summer due to lake levels being so low on Lake Travis and have been going to Cedar Creek Lake which a girl I date has a Tige so just been using her boat until we get some rain in Austin to fill the lake up. I am going to be taking the boat into the dealership due to a real strong odor of gas coming from the engine hatch and rear storage areas it also has a strong odor at the battery area under the glove box area. I have looked all around at the hoses and can not find any loose connections or find any gas leaks anywhere. Any idea what may be the problem? Has anyone had this issue? Only have 5.1 hours on the motor. I have owned many Baja's and have never smelled this strong of a gas odor even with carburated engines and twin engines.

jonyb
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome, and I hope you have a good dealer to take care of that issue. There were parts on my engine that were broken when the boat was rigged and I was on my own to have them fixed. Luckily I noticed this before I was stranded on the lake.

michael hunter
08-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Supratamu
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new boat. You know the price of admittance here is pictures of your new boat. I am sorry I cant help with the gas smell maybe check the tank vents. I am sure one of the members will sound in soon. I will do a rain dance for you . Good luck till then .

Okie Boarder
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Congrats and welcome! Pics!

SupraTamu
08-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to the site. Bought the boat at South Austin Marine, they are pretty reuputable in this area. They were the ones that told me to bring it in. My sales rep there had sold me my five previous Baja boats at another dealership and I have met the owner several times and they know it is all about customer service if they want repeat business from me. I will post some pics here soon. Is there anything that you need to keep your eye out on, on the supra's?

Skylar18
08-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey SupraTamu!

I am also at Lake Travis awaiting it to refill. Right now I have my boat out on the lake and I take a little pontoon boat out to it. What a pain but at least I am still able to use it. I got my boat at South Austin as well, a 2007 Sunsport 22V. They do a great job there. Don't have any gasoline smell and have had no problems with the boat except for the perfect pass paddle wheel that the Marina hits about twice a year that I have to replace. Good thing it is only a 5 minute job. The only other thing to watch out for is your wakeboard racks. They seem to get stripped pretty easily but there is a thread on this site about people getting them replaced.

WadsworthSunsport22V
08-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Congrats on your purchase!

I also have an 07 Sunsport 22V. A good dealer is key to fixing your problem. The dealer I purchased my boat from is worthless (Chicago Sea Ray/Ultimate Wake). But I moved and have new dealer (The Boat Shop) that has resolved all my issues (except one). My only remaining issue is my stereo is flaking. The tower speakers always have a problem. I want to upgrade the speakers, but I am not going spend any more money on that stereo until it works consistently! My tower amp will not turn on? It appears I have a pinched wire in the tower.

Overall, I love my Supra. If you think about, wakeboard boats really take a beating. My boat looks great, has plenty of storage and just keeps on motoring.