PDA

View Full Version : Summer gone wrong

airmenace
02-14-2004, 01:23 AM
I bought my Supra Launch off the showroom floor this past June. From the get go I new my boat would have some water in it, but I didnt think Id get enough to over work my bilge pump and break, but thats what happened. It was suggested to me to keep a tally of the things that went wrong with my boat and at summers end bring it end for its tune up and so forth. I couldnt wait till summers end because I was bringing my boat out of the water and draining it twice a day at the lake.My muffler had a leak in it. I brought my boat in into the dealership a month before labor day weekend, because thats usually our last weekend out. Unfortunetley because Supra sent out the wrong muffler....TWICE! My boat was never ready. I ended up on my buddies MB Sport for labor day.I called my dealer and asked them to do a year end maint. check and wrap my boat for winter, since I couldnt use it anymore it. My boats brand new, and it really hasnt felt like it. I figured the least they could do is service my boat. Nope, they said to talk to Supra. I called and a gentleman said " we dont do that." He said Id have to talk to some one above him, but that person was on Vac. I left a message and never heard back. I think Supra makes a quality boat. And some things are unpredictable. But is it asking to much for customer sat. in this case. Esp. when its nickels on a dollar to make a customer happy?

Brian
02-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Great posting...Just bought an 04 Launch SSV as of 01/03/04 and finally had a chance to go through it this afternoon but didn't I think to check hose clamps and associated equipment. I'm planning on taking it out on on the water to shake it down early next month and will keep a close eye on it.

airmenace
02-15-2004, 02:39 AM
Great buy Brian! WAtch those ballast bags fittings especially, mine were not fitted as secure as they should have been and had a little leakage problem. Enjoy your summer! ML

Brian
02-15-2004, 03:11 AM
I'll have most of the interior out and a tool box ready but I do not expect any problems..HMMM...O.K the back seat.
I have a 1974 Century, and every year I have to work on that leaky piece of (R@p.. Actually I love that boat for some odd reason.