PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked Up 84 Supra Rider

chardway
08-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Just picked-up the 1984 Supra Rider that a had put a deposit on back in early July. Based on information provided by forum members, I removed all 8 engine mounting bolts and found them "clean and tight" with no signs of wood rot or discoloration. They retightened "fine" when I put them back in. The stringer sections visible in the engine compartment also looked and sounded solid. Based on the boat being very "clean" overall, I went ahead with the purchase.

I thought I had thoroughly checked the floor before I purchased the boat but did find one "soft spot" in the floor today. It is in the front corner of the rear bench seat all the way against the passenger side of the interior hull. The floor is soft at the base of the seat and in the corner of the storage compartment.

Couple of questions. Can I have floor rot without stringer damage? Seems like water could have accumulated in this area of the floor while stored. Can a small section of floor in this area be easily removed and replaced or repaired?

It could last years this way but the fact that I KNOW there is a soft spot bugs the heck out of me.

Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

I'll post some pics soon.