PDA

View Full Version : Boatmate trailer question

Fman
08-24-2009, 12:03 AM
After being on the water today, went to pick up the trailer and when I went to move the trailer forward the brakes were locked up. Tried going into reverse and it was locked as well. I unplugged the lights and reconnected, still was locked up. Finally just put into the drive and gave it a little more gas and it broke free, and everything seems to be fine now.

Anyone had this happen to them before? I have the 4 wheel disc brake trailer, so far have had no problems with it. Was not sure if I should bring it into the dealer to have this looked at or call boatmate. I towed it home about 60 miles and had no issues.

jonyb
08-24-2009, 05:36 AM
I had some issues with mine and how it was built, but nothing like this. I dealt with Jerry at Boatmate and he was great, so I'd recommend calling him if you can't find an answer. Then again, maybe the dealer would be the first one to go to....

[email protected]
1-865-273-1100

Sluggo
08-24-2009, 10:28 AM
How level was the parking lot? I have issues in steep lots where the surge brakes would engage as I park and since the trailer was empty, there was not enough weight to pull the surge brake back off until I could get back to level or going up hill. Especially on gravel. I just chalked it up to type of trailer and was just glad to see that brakes are actually working, lol.