PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Weekend

csuggs
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
This weekend we checked out Summersville Lake in WV - the cleanest water I've seen in a long time! We anchored for a while in one spot where I could see the bottom, when I lowered the anchor, I had 25 to 30 feet out before I saw the anchor touch bottom! Several inboards there including an older Mastercraft and a nearly new Supra. Lots of rock cliffs to climb, repel, jump, etc. Be careful though, the DNR police give pretty hefty fines for jumping off the cliffs into the water! Beautiful lake - I highly reccomend!

Some pics of my ride . . . . .

techsledder
08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Sweet pictures of a GREAT looking craft!

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Love the pictures, of the boat on the water. thanks

87SunSportMikeyD
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
thanks for sharing!

chautauquasun
08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Nice pics...our boats are almost twins.

csuggs
08-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys! Here's another one I meant to post with the others . . . .

techsledder
08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
What does Obama head-up your states DNR? I say jump at your own risk...

csuggs
08-25-2009, 09:46 PM

You'd think that. You used to be able to jump all you want and nobody cared. But in the last two or three years I guess the DNR cops will bust you for it. Probably has something to do with insurance companies and lawyers. Don't get me started on the guy in the White House . . . probably its best not to go there on this forum!

There was still guys jumping, and several in our group jumped. They just stopped after they were warned.

dshaff24
08-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey that lake is awesome, Been there a few times then I discoverd Tygart LAke wv which is clear to! Its because its all rock and really now seaweed,

Oilguy
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Nice Boat!
Mine "Looked" like that about 6 months ago... Now it is laying in pieces around my shop waiting for me to come put her back together...

I though of a good name for her though... "Offshore Account"!! LOL... I just keep making deposits!! :p

csuggs
08-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Nice Boat!
Mine "Looked" like that about 6 months ago... Now it is laying in pieces around my shop waiting for me to come put her back together...

I though of a good name for her though... "Offshore Account"!! LOL... I just keep making deposits!! :p

Hey - keep the faith, you'll get there! Mine looks good now, but you're actually ahead of me because I would like to do the same thing as you! Hang in there - it'll be worth it in the end!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
08-28-2009, 06:45 PM

Duuuuuuude that was super lame. Grumble Grumble Grumble.

techsledder
08-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Duuuuuuude that was super lame. Bush was horrible to our environment. Ummmmm, it wasn't a comment about the environment, it was a comment about over governing the peeps....i.e. "Don't jump"... forget it, this isn't the place for politics.

mapleleaf
08-28-2009, 11:23 PM
On a lighter note the "safety police" in Toronto took the diving boards away from public pools a couple years ago, now we just belly flop from the pool deck. You know cuz diving boards are soooo dangerous......
Clint the boat looks awesome! Can't wait til my interior's done, at this rate it'll be oct. and she'll be winterized!!!!

Oilguy
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey - keep the faith, you'll get there! Mine looks good now, but you're actually ahead of me because I would like to do the same thing as you! Hang in there - it'll be worth it in the end!!!

No worry's!

I made sure to do the build right in the middle of my warehouse that I use for my business... That will make sure that I complete it... I work on it a little bit each day while I am taking care of my oil business..

I just about have the hull finished >>> I am just too picky and a perfectionist... That is what is taking me so long... That and I just didn't like the way Supra did some things so I am changing them... (Dash, Cleat pockets, extinguisher pocket, Front seats, etc...)

I went out with a friend on his Malibu Wakesetter and that gave me a lot of drive to get it completed also...

It will be in the water this year!

csuggs
08-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Another pic of the same outing - this one includes the family (all except my oldest son that we dropped off at college the day prior to that)

DKJBama92Mariah
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Be nice boys!

Leave the politics at the dock; they have no place on a boat forum. This policy is non-negotiable and is in place for the good of the forum.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Gotcha loud and clear - tech and I have already talked about it and taken it to PM for now but no hard feelings.

Sweet pic that boat looks great can't believe how clean the hull is!