PDA

View Full Version : Happy with the Service so far!

SupraTamu
08-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a few items to be addressed on my new 2008 24' gravity launch which I bought at the end of May 2009. I am not getting much use out of the boat for where I boat the lake is over 46 feet low we are in a drought so don't have many hours on it. My front ballast tank would fill up automatically it was a bad valve which they replaced, they replaced the manual trim lever switch for it was not working correctly and they are replacing the rear bench seat for there was a small area that had yellowed by some stitching which you could hardly see and they approved the claim. Fixed the dual battery switch which was wired incorrectly. I have seen alot of threads about no service but so far I am happy with the service I am receiving hopefully it will continue. I am assuming that the dealership plays a major role in the service as well. Granted these items probably should have been caught prior to delivery.

michael hunter
08-26-2009, 06:03 PM
It just boggles my mind, what does the dealer hope to gain by giving Bad service. The fact that the boat was purchased somewhere else is no excuse. If anything the dealer should put in a little extra effort to gain a service custermer and perhaps a future boat sale. Slapping a potential custermer down only insures no repeat business and no brand loyalty.
Warranty is not a gift to be handed out to the preferred customers only. Its the obligation of the dealer to service ALL boats to the best of their abilities.

jonyb
08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear you got serviced Tamu. Like they say, a good dealer is the key to a boat manufacturer's reputation. Sounds like you had some issues that should've been worked out before it was sold though.

Is there any Quality Control at SC?

saltare inverts
08-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I am geussing little quality control at SC. Probably cut the staff down extremely low because business is so slow. Skeleton staff I am guessing. Correct Craft boats has great quality control, still. Maybe they should take a class from them.

jonyb
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Sounds like QC has been down for a long time :D

blaze5012
08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
SupraTamu, I assume you go to A&M?
________
universal health warehouse (http://uhwh.com)

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I am glad to hear you having great service. The place I purchased my boat from had no interest in service. I moved a 1000 miles away and found a dealer with great, great service.

Fman
09-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed about my cracked rudder and the SC will warranty this. Dropped it off today at the dealer, hopefully we will get confirmation from SC on the repair tomorrow. My dealer says its obvious I did not hit anything and the rudder must be defective. My boat has never touched shore before and never will. A 4" crack right down the upper center of the rudder???? Just cant figure this one out.

jonyb
09-10-2009, 12:59 PM
If it's cracked that bad, you'd know it. I'm betting it's a defect....

SupraTamu
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Yep went to Teexas A&M class of 87

blaze5012
09-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Awesome, Im currently a sophomore at A&M.
________
mexico hotels (http://mexicohoteles.org)