PDA

View Full Version : Posted My Pics

SZEH
08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
O.K. I tried to post some pics of my 2006 21V in my album. Most are of my son wake boarding, but I have a few taken when I went to the factory to tour it and see my boat actually being built! And no...it wasn't built at the school for the blind as some might think.

Hope this link works...

http://supraboats.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=72

Scott

techsledder
08-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice boat! Neat to have been able to see on the Manufacturing floor @ SC. Probably a good thing for some of the shop floor folks to be able to talk with the future owner of the rig they're working on!

SZEH
08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Nice boat! Neat to have been able to see on the Manufacturing floor @ SC. Probably a good thing for some of the shop floor folks to be able to talk with the future owner of the rig they're working on!

Yeah, it was pretty cool. The factory really doesn't look as "High Tech" as the web site would make you think. It's pretty much a dirty process that takes place. The amazing thing is how nice the boat looks at the end of that process. Also, they build the Boatmate trailers right next door. Must really save on shipping!

The way I understand it is the Supra and Moomba hulls come from the same mold they just go to different finishing areas. The crew that was working on mine were great. Even though I didn't order factory speakers I asked them right on the floor if they could just run speaker wire through the tower for me. They did and when the boat was delivered I had the speaker wire nicely taped coming out of the tower holes and the other end done by my batteries! Beats the hell out of fishing that wire through.

jonyb
08-28-2009, 04:47 AM
School for the blind...... That's funny!

SZEH
08-28-2009, 08:31 AM
School for the blind...... That's funny!

jonyb...you know I was thinking about you when I wrote that! Truth be told I've had four boats over the years, Bayliner, Chaparral, Sea Ray and the Supra. I still believe the Sea Ray was the best built boat I've ever owned.

As was mentioned dealerships do make a difference in the experience of boat ownership. My Sea Ray came from Marine Max which the Car Max of all things that float. Excellent service. My Supra came from Atlanta Marine and those guys have been great too. They've helped me with not only service, but questions I have when I try to perform the service myself. I like that a lot! I've just noticed small build quality issues with the Supra that the Sea Ray didn't have.

Scott

87SunSportMikeyD
08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Wake looks great and so do the skills! Thanks for posting the pics and the review.

jonyb
08-28-2009, 08:56 PM
jonyb...you know I was thinking about you when I wrote that! Truth be told I've had four boats over the years, Bayliner, Chaparral, Sea Ray and the Supra. I still believe the Sea Ray was the best built boat I've ever owned.

As was mentioned dealerships do make a difference in the experience of boat ownership. My Sea Ray came from Marine Max which the Car Max of all things that float. Excellent service. My Supra came from Atlanta Marine and those guys have been great too. They've helped me with not only service, but questions I have when I try to perform the service myself. I like that a lot! I've just noticed small build quality issues with the Supra that the Sea Ray didn't have.

Scott

I know you were :p

Good to hear Atlanta Marine is going good.