PDA

View Full Version : New Supra Owner

Board001
08-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone, I just purchased my first Supra; I got a new 2008 Sunsport 20V loaded. I am really excited! I would really appreciate any advice that you all have for a first time owner. I will post pics next week; we plan to spend the next 3 days on the water. Thanks

Fman
08-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone, I just purchased my first Supra; I got a new 2008 Sunsport 20V loaded. I am really excited! I would really appreciate any advice that you all have for a first time owner. I will post pics next week; we plan to spend the next 3 days on the water. Thanks

Congrats on your new boat! there are a couple items you will probably need to address on that boat (I have an '08 Sunsport 22V with 128 hours on it this year). First is the board racks from roswell will start to fall apart, if you contact them now and get on the waiting list they will send you a new set that are much better and safer. It took me about 4 months to recieve my set. They are a great company to deal with and will take care of you. The stock swivels will have a lot of slop in them and are wobbly with the boards in the racks.

The ballast fill/drain system on this boat is not good, the spinkler valves fail, pump does not prime at times, bags kink up when draining, slow fill times, bags will fill when you dont want them to. If you ever have problems priming your system you need to plain the boat to force water into the pump to get it to prime. The '09 ballast fill/drain system is much better. However, for about $400 you can re-do your system to be as good or better than the '09's. I wrote up a how to called "Tsunami 800 ballast pump upgrade". It will take you step by step.

Not to put down your new purchase! I hope you have a great time on the water, just be prepared for these two items to start giving you problems. They were design flaws.

Again, congrats on your new boat! They are nice boats.... Do you have any pictures?

SupraTTU
09-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Fman,

Did you have to pay for the new swivel arms? Scott said it would cost me $100 for the new ones?? Maybe because mine is a 2007??

Sluggo
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I am not sure what the qualifications are for getting them replaced for free, but I had to pay for my first upgrade from 05's to 07's. I am now on the list for free replacement of 07's to the new pin type. I do have to ship back the 07's so there is some cost involved. Either way, $100 is a small price to pay to fix this issue given what it would cost if Roswell did not stand behind their products and only gave the option to buy new.

Skylar18
09-11-2009, 02:25 PM
One of mine actually stripped from the excessive play. For the first time ever, I got an extended warranty since this was my first wakeboard boat and my dealer replaced mine through that. Got the replacement swivels in two days.

Love the manual swivels so much better than my original ones.

Fman
09-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Fman,

Did you have to pay for the new swivel arms? Scott said it would cost me $100 for the new ones?? Maybe because mine is a 2007??

I did not have to pay for any shipping or extra fees. I believe if you are within one year they are free. The '07 is out of the one year cut-off, but I cant tell you the $100 would be well worth it. Those racks with the push-button design are terrible. They will get progressively worse and eventually break free and swing around when you dont want them too.

If you could get the dealer to put the new '09 Titan swivels on, they are even better. I saw one at the dealer this week and they are very nice, I am not sure if they would bolt right on to an '07 mounting block.

Good luck, either way I would highly recommend replacing them.