PDA

View Full Version : Trick Air Intakes and Powerplants(Cosmetic)

Brian
02-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Just bought an 04 SSV and am looking to dressup my motor. Anybody got pics... If so where did you get it and how much for each piece? I've seen some stuff in the Summit catalog and at some auto part stores, but nothing really impressive.....

fixb52s
02-15-2004, 11:01 AM
I am also looking to dress mine up. I have an 85 Rider with the 454, and would love the new GM Performance valve covers, but they cost a bit. I have been looking instead for a plane jane set of chrome valve covers, but everything I find has some sort of company name on them (Jegs, Summit, etc).

Check flea markets out at car shows. You would be surprized what you might find. Also do a search for these items on the 'net, and see what comes up.

I have been finding a lot of cool stuff for my LS-1 powered 02 Trans Am WS6 at places like Thunder Racing, Afterthought Auto, LSX, etc. I have yet to see if they have the big block dress ups.

I also plan to put some performance parts on, line an Edelbrock Performer manifold. Parts are so much cheaper at the auto shops than "marine" shops. I love how much something is marked up for marine use, when a lot of times it is the same off the shelf part.

Mike