PDA

View Full Version : Leaking transmission oil

Bird32
08-31-2009, 02:46 PM
I have a brand new 22 ssv Launch liquid force edition that has bee leaking transmission oil since brand new. Boat has 22 hours on it and has lost approximately 4 liters of oil. Seems only to leak when boat is running. I was wonderign if anyone else had similar problem and is there an easy fix. I can't seem to find where it is leaking from.

Bird32
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
oh and I forgot to say that boat has been in for it's 10 hour service and technicians did flush and couldn't find a leak

thescott
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I have an 08 22SSV and have not had that problem.
Not much help...this is more of a thread hijack...Let see some PICS of your boat! :cool:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the diagnostics.

Sluggo
09-01-2009, 09:37 AM
As others have said here, if it is leaking it has to be going somewhere. If it is not in the hull, then it has to be coming out the exhaust. Do you notice any kind of rainbow effect when powering down or in an idle zone? If the cooler has a crack, I would guess that will be your dealers job to repair under warranty but if it only leaks under load, not sure how you prove to your dealer your oil level keeps falling without taking him out on the lake for a day, lol. I am sure everyone would like to see some kind of evidence that it is the cooler before they begin a repair of that nature. Good luck and yes, pics please.

Bird32
09-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Here's a couple pics

tg0824SSVGG
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I "think" it looks purty - but those pictures are TINY ... LOL

chautauquasun
09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Not sure if I can be of much help here because my boat is so much older. I too was loosing tranmission fluid but was also finding water in mine. There were not visible leaks inside the boat and the water didnt get high enough to seep into the transmission. My son told me that last time we were out he notice an oil slick behind the boat when swimming so we concluded it was a leaky oil cooler. Just replaced it this weekend and it solved the problem of loosing oil and getting water in the transmission. Working perfectly.

I would say if you are not finding fluid inside the boat it is probably leaking through the cooler and is being sent out the exhaust. Have you noticed any water in the transmission...oil color would be different and have a foamy look to it.

Find it hard to believe that the dealer would not be able to diagnose this issue.